Ground Wires Grouped Together

I ran across this on both of my inspections to day and have never seen it before. The first time was from a 1992 build outside city limits and the second was from a 2005 build that passed city inspection. They grouped all the ground wires together and stuck them under one large luge, like a large multi stranded wire. It this correct??

ground.JPG

Doesn’t appear acceptable to me. I have never seen any one do that before. I am certain there is a code that prohibits that. Bet Paul Abernathy can answer that one.
If it was acceptable you would think all electricians would be doing that because of the amount of time saved.

Lazy bum. No it is not legal to use that lug for more than one wire.

Hey Greg how’s the fishin’ @ Wiggins Pass these days?
MY grandpa and I used to haul Mangrove Snapper and Snook out of there all the time back in the day.

It is lazy, but exactly why is it wrong. The lug was made for a large gauge multi strand wire which is what all of the grounds together are acting as. I need a NEC answear because its new constuction that was approved by the city code inspector. I need all the ammo I can get before I call it out…

I don’t get down to Wiggins but they have been slamming reds and snook in the Estero River.

110.14(A)…“Terminals for more than one conductor and terminals used to connect aluminum shall be so identified.”

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][size=2]
[/size][/FONT]

110.3 Examination, Identification, Installation, and Use of Equipment.

(B) Installation and Use. [FONT=TimesNewRoman][size=2]Listed or labeled equipment shall be installed and used in accordance with any instructions included in the listing or labeling.
[/size][/FONT]