This is wrong too!

Originally Posted By: jtedesco
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Equipment Grounding Conductors cannot be bundled together, see the instructions on the cabinet.

--
Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant

www.nachi.org/tedescobook.htm

Originally Posted By: Brian A. Goodman

Joe,

Are you saying they can’t be more than one to a terminal? I know that’s the case with neutrals, but I thought grounds could be (not that I’m ever wrong, of course).

Originally Posted By: Greg Fretwell

On EGCs it really depends on the listing of the lug. I doubt this lug is listed for that many wires

Originally Posted By: Bob Badger

The most conductors I have ever seen a lug listed for was two.

Grounding bars are commonly but not always, listed for 1 or 2 solid 12 or 14 copper conductors.

--
Bob (AKA iwire)
ECN Discussion Forums
Mike Holt Code Forum

Yup but I never say never. As soon as I say 2 someone will show up with a lug listed for 3 or 4 but they better have something I can read.

Originally Posted By: Bob Badger

Greg Fretwell wrote:
Yup but I never say never. As soon as I say 2 someone will show up with a lug listed for 3 or 4 but they better have something I can read.

I agree and I have passed that advice onto friends, never speak of this trade in absolutes. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Bob (AKA iwire)
ECN Discussion Forums
Mike Holt Code Forum

These types of things are usually when the homeowner is doing the work. Multi hole lugs are available for just about anything if you have the right supplier and a well stocked truck. It is when someone is working with what they have or what they find at the BORG is when you see the cheating.