Guarantee

Originally Posted By: rwills
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I was wondering if any home inspectors offer any type of limited guarantee with their inspections which would attract the eye of potential clients. I know that some franchise companies do but I am directing at individual owner types. Thanks, Bob W.

Bob Wills - MAB Chairman

BW Inspection Services

Warminster, Pa.

http://www.bwinspections.com

Originally Posted By: dharris

rwills wrote:
I was wondering if any home inspectors offer any type of limited guarantee with their inspections which would attract the eye of potential clients. I know that some franchise companies do but I am directing at individual owner types. Thanks, Bob W.

There was conversation on this board a while back on this subject
I received info from the company that offered this ins. I think it was like 20.00 per insp. with a lot of limitations
I did not follow thru as I looked/ thought back for the last 4 years and I don't recall after completing over 1000 insp. any body ever asking if I had this coverage, my business approach is give the most informed report, provide documentation when needed on items in question, respond and be aviable 24-7 if the customer has any questions.
Cost 0, Return, Referrals

Originally Posted By: rwashington

I have been tossing around the idea of a guaranteed report within 36 hours or refunding $75 to the client. I know time is a concern so this may help to steer business if they see I am extra serious about getting them the report.

Richard W Washington

www.rwhomeinspections.com

Originally Posted By: dharris

rwashington wrote:
I have been tossing around the idea of a guaranteed report within 36 hours or refunding $75 to the client. I know time is a concern so this may help to steer business if they see I am extra serious about getting them the report.

It may be different inyour area, but here most companys provide on site or within 24hr.
Most of the realtors here dont order a inspection untill 3-5 days into the 10 day inspection period, 5 days plus 2 or more to schedule and 3 to get report would cause you lose a lot of inspections here

Originally Posted By: Scott Patterson

rwills wrote:

I offer a money back guarantee http://www.traceinspections.com I have never had anyone ask for it but I have had many say that is why they selected me for the inspection. As for a guarantee on items in the inspection, NO. But if I missed something or screwed up, you can bet that I will make good and take care of the problem.

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Scott Patterson wrote:
But if I missed something or screwed up, you can bet that I will make good and take care of the problem.

All of my clients are not willing to bet. They are looking for a quality guaranteed inspection.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.