Happy Birthday CANADA #143

http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/opinion/article/1117610

http://travel.sympatico.ca/canada/canada_love_letter

Roy Cooke Proud to be a Canadain .

Happy “Dominion Day!” :smiley:

TO A GREAT COUNTRY, PERIOD!

Gilles R. Larin

Happy Canada Day!

Got to love these patriotic Molson commercials!

Although, I do prefer the odd bud light lime which is made in the USA :slight_smile:

You guys are too happy, I love living in the great white north but I can’t get over the taxes being forced up our 666 and down our throats. I need time to (acclimatize).

Happy Birthday!

[FONT=Times New Roman][size=3]
[FONT=Arial][size=2][FONT=Times New Roman][size=3]Some one has to pay for our arm services and our Hospitals . Our pensions and snow removal .
We are lucky to be one of the countries where services are better then most .
We are able to live longer then Most other countries in the world .
But Like you, me and many others we need to have some thing to complain about.

[/size][/size][/FONT]

[/FONT][/size][/FONT]

And let’s not forget that little 25% raise the MPP’s voted in for themselves a couple years ago.

…and the HST!!

Im sure my clients will like paying more tax now… :frowning:

2 inspections today and the gov gets $104 to spend on their frivolous bull****

At dominion home inspectors every day is ‘dominion day’!!

But thanks for the plug Eric!:D:D

If you’re so PO’d at the government, get involved to change it and make it more transparent…so

(1) electeds are not under pressure to reward $$$$ supporters
(2) electeds cannot pocket more $$$$ than their entiltled to with inflated expense claims
(3) electeds will not make decisions based on “popular opinions” and getting elected again in 4 years. At present, they will not tell you the truth if it may affect their election chances!! TOO BAD!!!..It’s all about them and not about their constituency and voters.
(4) get people out to vote. We have a working democaracy but fewer and fewer are voting. IMHO, many do not know the longterm real issues and vote for those who promise tax cuts and more personal goodies right away. More toys are not the only thing that counts in life!!!

This country has been a long time in the making and getting to here…let’s not let it go down the drain any farther.

Let’s get rid of Harper…

There was a radio piece on this AM in which foreigners were asked their opinion on Canada’s status in the world these days…it’s definitely going downhill due to environmental policies!! In world peacekeeping, Norway is now considered the leader. Our promise 45 years ago was to donate 0.7% of our GNP to the 3rd world…we’re still in the middle of the industrialized rich countries with somewhere around 0.4%.

The mayor of Toronto did not want the G20 in his city and expressed that to the PM…yet what happened?? Harper had it his way…no matter what the cost!!!

Strange some how I think I have heard this tune many times over the last few months .
Just change Government to** OAHI or CAHPI** or PHPIO and you still get the same treatment .

It shows how we do not learn from our history
see below .

. Deja Vu
You have to watch this…

[FONT=Arial]One sign of a good executive is to recognize a mistake when they’ve made one[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial], Remember whistler .[/FONT]

In BC we have had an anti HST petition in order to try and promote a referendum. IMO, I am pretty sure HST wouldnt go through if the voters had a say…

Vander Zalm’s petition drive collected more than 700,000 signatures, well above the threshold of 10 per cent of registered voters in all 85 B.C. ridings, organizers said.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2010/06/29/bc-hst-petition-delivery.html#ixzz0sfGuHJjP

I think Mr. Campbell’s days are numbered, nevermind the fact he was charged for drinking and driving in Hawaii. Unfortunately, I am tired of voting because I dont like the current Government as opposed to voting for someone I would like to see govern the Province. Democracy at its best :slight_smile:

God speed to our troops in Afghanistan…

http://www2.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?DocId=2331177&Language=e&Mode=1&File=16

Please Decline to vote.
Lets say the Liberals get… 500,000 votes
And the conservative get…400,000 Votes
and the NDP get…300,000 Votes
The others parties get …100,000 Votes
people who do not vote …500,000
decline to vote Group get …2,000,001 votes

we would have a party with less +votes and more -against
They might just listen a bit more .
By Destroying you vote or not voting you do little to help at least if you take the time to decline to vote then your vote is counted and should make the leaders listen more .

So Brian, if we get rid of Harper, who are you suggesting ‘Iggy’?:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :eek: :roll: