Has anybody ever seen a T&P valve like this????

Originally Posted By: tpriddy
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I performed an inspection yesterday and found this for the T&P valve and have never seen this before. I wrote it up to be replace d because you have no way of testing the valve. Maybe I’m wrong but I was protecting my behind.

Originally Posted By: kelliott

Never seen one. I just took the pic to paint shop pro and blew it up so I could read what was on the top.

It says at top: No 450

Left side: Set press 150 PSI TEMP 210f

right side says: Max Press 200 psi Temp Steam.

Wondering if that's a blow plug for a steam boiler?

Originally Posted By: rmoore

I had a similar one two years ago (the only time).

[ Image: http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/usrimages/0/030719P045x.jpg ]

At the time I had no idea what the thing was so I wrote it up as not having a properly installed TPR valve. Whatever it was it didn't seem to be installed properly anyway. Subsequently, I asked around and someone came up with a 60's TPR, which made sense as the home was a '65 and the water heater, believe it or not, may have been the original one. Because of the blanket I couldn't get to the data plate but I did uncover the really retro looking plastic name badge. It was " something Beauty Glass" if I remember right. Ended up as a simple call for a new heater with a correctly installed and plumbed TPR.

I don't know how old your water heater is, but I thinks it's safe to say the funky TPR is beyond it's life expectancy. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
Richard Moore
Rest Assured Inspection Services
Seattle, WA
www.rainspect.com