Have you ever seen a stove burner like this?

Did an inspection yesterday where one of the four burners got blindingly bright. I’m thinking it’s for boiling water faster but it was a little strange there was only two lines for the heating element.

Any thoughts?


They are in high end cook tops… Instant Heat.We almost bought one but the price difference was too much to justify.



We have a regular 30" range that does something like that; my wife won’t let me touch it.