Help to perform a Ride-Alongs

I am a new home inspector and looking for a ride-alongs. I was wondering if any member in the North California could help i could join the ride-alongs? Please help. I really appreciate it. Thank you very much.

Michael, contact some CMIs within 40 to 50 miles, or closer, of your area and communicate with them. Maybe one will help you. Some inspectors feel as though they are training their competition by ride-alongs or mentoring.

Here is the link: Find a Certified Master Inspector®

And another link for CPIs: Find an InterNACHI® Member’s ID Number

P.S. Welcome to our forum. Enjoy! :smile:

Larry,

Thank you very much for you help. I understand why do they feel that way. I really appreiate for providing me the information. If i can’t find CMI help than i just need to pay for another course to do the ride-alongs. This is my other opinion i could do.

Michael, first, fill out your profile so we know where you are located at, also northern Cali is REALLY big, are you near SF, Sacramento, lake Tahoe, Mendocino?

Hello There Everyone!

I just received my certificate through InterNACHI a few weeks back to become a Home Inspector. I live in Northern CA (Redding) . I would really appreciate it if one of you awesome experienced Inspectors in the area, Maybe Sacramento or Bay area, would be willing to take me on for some ride alongs to help me learn the ropes on the Job a bit more ? I understand many may view this as competition so that’s why I’m asking for help several hours out of my location. I would be happy to pay for these services. If any of you would be interested please let me know. I appreciate your time!

Austin Whitney

Welcome to the club. I am in Modesto CA.

Thank you Scot!

So here’s the thing about being new is that whatever you learn with the ride alone
is that one day you are going to have to get out there yourself one day? I know the feeling you are having right now as if you are not ready. But if you have done a good job on your studies with InterNACHI then it is time to go for it . all the rides in the world will not get you past the fright of being sued. I have been mentoring for a while now i set up a ride alone or even an inspection that you can get paid on and you guys just do not show up. really sorry to say because i want every nachi newby to do your best.

U.S HOMEINSPECTORS, LLC
Beverly Hills ca.

I disagree with a portion of your post.
Through my years I’ve had hundreds of Ride Along. And if you instruct them correctly. There’s no reason that they should worry about being sued. I’m retired now however, tomorrow I will have a ride along with me from Jacksonville. Along with my assistant. If you’re not strong enough in your inspection skills or your reporting skills. There’s no reason for you to have a ride along. It would be detrimental to them.
I consider myself an expert in my field. After 40 years I have never had one complaint.
I find it an honor to have someone hired me to do an inspection. And I would do it to the best of my ability. No matter what.

2 Likes