Help with Radon Certification

Anyone know what IAC2 requires for radon certification? I can’t seem to find anything on the website. Also, anyone know if there are any Canadian regulations regarding certification? Thanks.


Hi Rodney:

The Canadian regulations are currently under study. Health Canada and CMHC have ongoing Focus Group sessions and other meetings trying to determine the proper safe/unsafe levels and the proper protocols for taking samples.

So far nothing has been decided for sure, so any ‘certifications’ you are offered in Canada will not be valid because at the moment it’s a moving target.

Bill Mullen
Sarnia, On.


Bill is correct, with one exception, Health Canada will recognize the NEHA certification exam. Health Canada

Here is a good course provider for Radon ESA

and here is another course provider, vendor, but a good course just the same.

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=4][FONT=Verdana]Radon Measurement Certification Course Recognized by Health Canada[/size]**[/FONT]
**[size=3]Experience Counts *[/size]
This Radalink Radon Measurement Certification Course is specifically designed to prepare participants for the NEHA-NRPP
Radon Measurement Certification Exam. It is also meets continuing education requirements.
Dallas Jones, the course instructor, has over 20 years of experience in the field and has trained more individuals in radon measurement than anyone. Over 90% of Dallas’ students pass the Certification Exam on the first try.
Health Canada is working with the provinces and territories to raise awareness among homeowners and homebuyers and assist them in finding solutions to lower the levels of radon in their homes. This is an opportunity to provide a valuable ancillary service to your home inspection business. Don’t miss it!

National Environmental Health Association’s National Radon Proficiency Program
Health Canada encourages consumers to use service providers holding Radon Measurement Certification
[size=4]Tuesday Nov. 11th- Wednesday Nov. 12th

[size=3][size=5][size=6]Toronto Area Country Inn by Carlson - Oakville 2930 South Sheridan Way [/size][/size][/size]

Call 800-295-4655 for all the details

Course Tuition: $325 using the coupon below ($375 normally)

You must register by no later than Nov. 3rd.


**If you choose to become a Radalink Affiliate within 90 days of the course offering, we will credit $300 of the tuition toward your account. Radalink affiliates can send employees to the class or attend for CE for only a nominal fee for a seat reservation and a current training manual.

[size=3]Go to or call Freda at 800-295-4655 to register today![/size]
[/FONT]Registration must include a valid credit card number and be received at least 7 days prior to the course date. There will be a $90 charge for cancellations made within 7 days of the course date that can be transferred to a later course offering. There will be no refunds for no-shows or cancellations made within 24 hours of the course, but fees will be transferable to a later course offering.[FONT=Verdana]Save $50[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Redeemable for $50 off the course tuition (not valid with submittal of any other discount offer) Coupon Code: NV2008ON.
This coupon is transferable. Please share the offer with your colleagues.
To register, go to and don’t forget to enter your coupon code.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Offer Expires: Nov. 3, 2008 Radalink, Inc.[/FONT]

Thanks guys.

I believe the IAC2 for radon certification is designed to help members by giving them free certification instead of paying for it. For example, I took the NRPP certification course. In order to be certified through them, You also have to send them $ every year. Which I did. However, if you send IAC2 your education certificate, they will certify you for free. So you use the education requirements for the for free certification, but you don’t have to pay for it. (At least that’s what happened with me.)


There is no info on the IAC2 site regarding Radon certification to my knowledge. At least i can’t find it… :frowning:

Send an email to to ask them how to apply.

It doesn’t work. You need to enter a course, and there are no courses listed for radon.

send an email to