Here is one for you all

Rusty, since you cannot recognize your own arrogance it is doubtful you could recognize Chucks.

Personally i took no offense i know my capabilities lol. As i said i put the thermal picture to show not to analyzed ( looked good), the second picture i posted was the first i took and already determined the problem , The thermal made it easier for the client to understand .cricketing is a good thing . Besides i did stay at the Holiday Inn so i am certified .

Maybe…

But as someone who takes thermography seriously, I don’t like to see it used as a gimmick. Anytime someone publishes a poor thermal image and boasts of using it for “Hollywood effect” they open themselves up to professional critique and/or challenge.

You could have asked why do any of the items I asked about matter.

From the little that I can see in the image, I don’t see a lot of gradient in the conductor as you move away from the point of connection or where the actual hot spot is because of the image cropping. (hard to tell if it’s related to load, a poor connection or a bad component). In the visible light image I could see discoloration of the copper, but curiously, no apparent corresponding damage to the insulation. If you are going to use a thermal imager in this manner, then you might as well do as some say and just feel the breaker body or point your thermometer at it and the just wiggle the wire to see if it’s loose.

It’s not hard to properly document things. Had the issue been well documented, then I doubt the electrician would have challenged Wayne’s observation either. Documentation matters. If you don’t know how to document thermography observations, don’t put them in your reports, because it will create a liability for you.

I had a similar situation yesterday. I’ve included the way it was documented below. The electrician will not challenge my observation.

You call it arrogant. I consider it being professional.

If someone pays you to use a tool, they have every right to expect you to use that tool in a competent and professional manner.

it is what it is.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with Wayne taking a picture in IR to demonstrate where the problem was.

If it helps the client understand the problem it’s a win for both the client and the inspector.

Wayne is not doing quantitative IR.

He is using a IR to help his client understand the issue.

Chuck, once again, I appreciate all your posts and learn from them and hope you keep posting them. It seems people have ran off the brightest and best in the industry away from the message board due to their ignorance.

What ever happened to Dale Duffy? He hardly posts here anymore, Scott Gilligan, Barry Adair, Bill Warner, David Andersen, Chuck Foreman, Russel Ray and many others.

These aren’t fly by night people who are here today and gone tomorrow, these are professionals in their feilds who offer information FREE, to help others and all they get is crapped on. No wonder they don’t come here anymore.

Michael, I have stated many times your an angry person for some unknown reason. I never see you post anything positive or good for anything.

I really do believe that you mistake arrogance for confidence and professionalism and when you lack both I can see where it is very easy for you to not know professionalism or confidence so you have to group into the only term you can relate to and that is arrogance.

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it and realize that maybe I need to learn more about certain areas and many times you explain why.

Russell Great post and very true
( "Michael, I have stated many times your an angry person for some unknown reason. I never see you post anything positive or good for anything. ")
Prime example Michael has hounded me for years trying to get me to leave .
I get many phone calls and letters appreciating my information and help.

Ask Roy how many crank phone calls he has made to me and other members who don’t kiss his feet?

I could care less if Roy stays or goes but I will not put up with his bull****. Read the link in my sig line and it will become plain to even the dullest intellect around here

I think that link in your signature line speaks volumes about you and 100% backs up my observation of you. I love to be proven right and you seem to do so every chance you get.

I did not go to your link or Roys past link. I can make up my mind. I asked Roy in a polite and logical manner to take the childish stuff off his signature line, was the bigger man, ate some crow and did the right thing.

To me that speaks volumes about a person character and I applaud his efforts and hope he never sinks to that level again.

Mike try and be forgiving, loving and kind. Start anew and become more productive instead of destructive. Try it just for a little while and see what happens.

So you didn’t even read the link?

Roy has always been in control. The link comes down when he has convinced me he no longer is in attack mode.

It went up in response to his behavior and it will come down when his behavior changes.

So far he’s not doing so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlarson http://nachi.cachefly.net/forum/images/2006/buttons/viewpost.gif
*Ask Roy how many crank phone calls he has made to me and other members who don’t kiss his feet?

I could care less if Roy stays or goes but I will not put up with his bull****. Read the link in my sig line and it will become plain to even the dullest intellect around here*

I do not think I have ever talked to or called Michael .

I also stand behind all my posts .
I have not run down NACHI .
I have constantly supported NACHI.
I know I have done more and supported more NACHI events then most others have done .
I know I have been to more NACHI events then any other Canadian .
And chaired more NACHI events then any other Canadian .
It is obvious Michael has some hate for me and I would love for him to get over his silly attacks .
Pleased do read his line and all the posts and show me what I did wrong .
To make it simple I refused to take a 14 day suspension for no reason and was removed from NACHI .
I was invited Bach many times by NICK and finally did come back .
NICK posted a nd asked all to please put the past behind and lets move on.
All but Michael and one other have done this .
I do hope this ends NOW!!!

I can’t believe I read all 49 pages of that crap!!!

How long has this, “my dad can beat up your dad,” stuff been going on?

I really enjoy helping those who will accept help but then again this world is full of know-it-alls that would believe that they could be sun bruned at midnight and would argue that fact to the death.

What can be said about such people?

After reading that kids stuff it makes me wonder why I even bother, alas it is beccause of those who ask me to join

Rats I missed another pissing match!

Roy is lying again.

I didn’t say I talked to him.

I said he made repeated calls.

As many as 15 in short period of time and I’m not the only one that did.

You are such a liar Roy.:roll:

Yes, you are Mr. Wonderful. :shock:

But when you made your bed with nameless and it’s been downhill since especially when you started attacking Jonas an me.

You stop the crap and the replies will stop from me.

Until then. Forget it.

Wayne, thanks for posting, Russ and Chuck, I appreciate your responses to wayne as he probbly does too. i dont do thermography, maybe in the future i’ll look into getting more educated on the matter and offer it to my clients, but i really dont know enough about it, i aint about to buy a $5000 tool without the knowledge to back it up so the info you posted was cool (no pun intended). Thanks.

=D>

Mike L. and Roy, You guys may have something constructive to add but we’d never know because your bickering hijacks all the threads! ](*,)I will never read the “truth about roy” from your signature block, because i dont care. I dont care who has a bigger **** either. please stop acting like 5 year olds. i dont want to read through pages of this just to get to the stuff i am actually here to read. I dont realy like or dislike either of you, but you are both pissing me off! Many good topics come up i start reading and you two chime in. IF you hav egood info ( I have actually gotten help from Roy, thanks) but keep it to that!

Then you will never understand or appreciate the game Roy is playing.

So be it.

Not everyone wants to hear the truth. I get it.

If Roy ever starts telling lies about you and trying to damage your business I hope you will remember your post.

“The truth about Roy” takes yo to a thread that Roy himself started in a vain attempt to gather sympathy for his being sanctioned by the ESOP when I was not a member.

His true character is displayed over and over in that thread and he has not changed.

How many players in this game?

A thread that is four years old.

Just what is the point?

Mike, You are only here intermittently and I do not expect you to understand.
Roy starts the crap with his typical lies and innuendo and claims he cannot support.**

The point of posting that link is that once again starts it up and then plays the victim when called on it.

He is not the victim, he is the instigator.

I will exercise my option to retaliate in kind as long as he continues to lie.

This remains an unmoderated board and it is the only way to deal with his bullying tactics and lies.

If you can think of another way, I am open to suggestions.

This has gone far beyond ridiculous but it always has been Roy’s choice.

He has twice used his sig line to disrespect members and tell lies.

I’m all ears, sir.

WOw i work for one day , and the boys can not behave . BTW chuck the thermal was not in my inspection . I know what your saying but i just used the thermal picture to show my client. i did not need the thermal to get my findings , the electrician doubted because is (Well a Professional ) and related to the seller. I really do not care what anyone thinks, i do what i do. The thermal is a tool which i use .
I didn’t mean for this post to get into a pissing match i thought would but only put it on to show a through inspection should been done . Oh well carry on boys . I will just plug away and do more inspections . i figure working 6 to 7 days a week shows i doing something right.

It is easy to see that this site is not moderated and as a moderator of other discussion boards I must say that there are a few members of this board that wouldn’t be allowed to post some of the things that gets posted here on those boards.

I think that what is being overlooked here is we are all professionals. I think that those of us who call ourselves professionals should display a professional attitude in our post.

I hope to never let anyone pull me away from this professional display and to do my best to give correct and accurate answers to questions and make clear and understandable answers to post. I also beg forgiveness for my mistakes.

I don’t know what has happened and don’t really care and I am sure most here don’t either. As has been said many times it does distract from the subject being discussed. If I was moderator we would stay on topic or be deleted.

I don’t know how anyone here feels in their heart and do not claim to be some sort of counselor but one thing I do know for sure and certain, every coin has two sides.

It is my opinion that if two members on this site don’t get along then they shouldn’t respond to each other.

In 61 years on God’s earth the one thing I have learned is that if someone is annoying me if I just ignore them they go away but the more I stir in the droppings the dog leaves behind the worse it stinks.

It is not on me to make suggestions on how one should act, that is their choice.