Home Advisor scam or not

Total rip off.
Stay away from Home Advisor, their owned by Angie’s List.
You pay for each lead, in most cases a fake leads. Stupid questions asked to your link from people they have in an office that will cost you if you answer.
Both Angie’s List and Home Advisors will rob you of all you have and will ever have. Stay away

1 Like

I used it for a little while when I started years ago cost me money didn’t get a lot in return. I did get some work but not a lot. Several people lied about the services It was awesome. I would not use it again

2 Likes

They called me yesterday. Pay 300 a year plus leads that you bid on and no guarantee you win the bid. I told them to kick rocks. I got scammed like that years ago with my paint service, Service Magic I believe was the company, same deal…

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Torrey, Enjoy!! :grinning:

Smart inspector…

1 Like

So true.

What’s funny as the more experienced and successful I became, the fewer and fewer of these calls I get.

It’s like most of these companies can smell “new inspector” and prey on them exclusively.

2 Likes

They sure can, they keep track of newly registered companies, domains, and other public records. They spam you just like other services that spam a new business. There is a whole sector dedicated to this niche.

2 Likes

Scam, please do not go into any contract with them.
Just throw your money out the window. We have
prior experience with them and none of it was good.

2 Likes

For the same amount of money spent on Home Advisors, I saw a new RE agent in the area put a billboard few years ago that said " Voted #1 Real Estate Agent In This Area" at the top and then his picture, company etc.

At the bottom, it said “Thanks for the only vote Mom! Love You!!!”…and he’s actually become a good agent and done well.

1 Like

I made the mistake of using Yelp for leads. STUPID. One month cost me about $1300 and I got no jobs. Sure, people email or whatever, but even when I responded super fast the lead never worked out. I realized that although they only charged for leads that clicked on me, sent an email, or called were likely not leads at all. I think they have independent contractors out there that pose as leads for which they charged me $30+ each time. There is NO WAY to verify.
All that being said, be friendly. They can ruin your business with fake 1 star reviews in a New York second. When any of them call I simply tell them that I can’t take any more business at the moment but to call back in 6 months.
I encourage all home inspectors to simply stop using those services.

2 Likes

I used Home Advisor for 1 month. Paid for nothing but quotes. I canceled them. Luckily i only lost $100. They keep calling me even after i canceled.

2 Likes