Home Advisor scam or not

I received a call from these folks today, I did not return there call yet.
Is this a scam, Have any of you folks had any luck with them,

Got a call from them today too…
Interesting. I let it go to voicemail and haven’t looked into it yet. Curious to hear if anyone else has experience with them?

Run, Forrest, Run!!!

7 Likes

:joy: :laughing: now why did I have that feeling?!

Had a bad feeling about, Think I will follow David’s advice :running_man:‍♂

2 Likes

If you want to compete with the lowballers from hell, give it a try…

You’ll also have the benefit of working with the stupidest clients in existence. After all, for them the service is free. Guess who gets to pay for that?

5 Likes

Not only do you pay, but you pay for leads whether they turn into jobs or not. 5 or 6 inspectors pay for the same lead which may or may not be any good or even exist.

5 Likes

Yes, Bryan, Follow David’s advice, Have a good one Bryan. :santa:

3 Likes

Run like the wind… BTW, they don’t know how to take NO for an answer and will keep calling… You will be paying them for NO GUARANTEE of legitimate leads or jobs…

4 Likes

A long while ago, I read some positive reviews from inspectors just starting out (Some money is better than no money, type rational, in different parts of the country.) but even they have stopped.

One has to know what it costs the inspector to do an inspection, to make a judgement whether the job is worth it or not.

You would do well to heed the above advice, like “Run Forest, run!”.

5 Likes

Yep I remember making colossal and expensive mistakes when I first started out…Because “I was not a smart man…”
But…You just saved at least the amount of your interNACHI membership dues by asking this simple question about Home Adviser on this forum…image

4 Likes

Run away from Home Advisor as fast as you can. It’s a money pit.

2 Likes

Scam:

2 Likes

Once they hook you it is hard to get rid of them they are persistent. :flushed:

1 Like

I deleted there message and blocked there number

2 Likes

Turrrrible! Run away!

2 Likes

Yes, run away! They would not stop calling. Would not take a polite “No thank you, not interested.” I had to “convince” them I did not want to be a member of they’re evil cartel. Eventually they quit calling me.

1 Like

As Larry K said,

It can and does work for some, especially if you’re new.

I used it successfully in my first year, got several good reviews and more than broke even, shut it off after year one but my reviews are still there.

I don’t necessarily recommend it, but everyone’s experience is different.

I wouldn’t call it a “scam” but it’s definitely not perfect…

Good luck!

2 Likes

A pretty good rule of thumb for the new guys is that if someone calls YOU to tell you how you can make more money and be more successful - its a scam that will loose you money. When I started out and job were far between I paid good money for crap like this (not this, but like this) and all it did was cost me money and time and make me feel like an idiot.

5 Likes

Needs to be re-stated.