Home Depot CellSensor- EMF Testing

Does anyone recommend the CellSensor for EMF Testing in the home to see if transmission lines nearby are radiating the home? If so, what do you recommend we do for the testing, should we unplug all electronics in the home and test? Also what is a high amount of EMF’s? 2.5 and higher?

Are you hypersensitive to EMF? Do you have a Cell Phone?..You have better chances of being “radiated” by excessive Cell Phone use than utility lines. I again am no GURU but I am just saying…there are a lot of false statements about EMF going around.

Hi Paul.
It is interesting that I have noticed my ticker goes off when near those things however.
That would be enough for me to worry.

lol…spread the hype fella…lol…I can remember when my NEXTEL would cause my TV to shut down or go into a FUZZY HAZE seconds before it would start to ring…now that’s the things I would worry about rather than random EMF. But again some are hypersensitive to EMF which can cause things like headaches, dizziness and so on but their are not definitive studies that show long term EMF as anything more than par for the course in todays electronic age.

I have a video I did while waiting in traffic with those power lines a good 200 yards from me and my ticker going off.
I wish I could post it here.

Not so sure it is hype .
Ever see the movie “Neighbors” with Jim Belushi and Dan Aykroyd ?

Poor guy was going bald…heh heh.

I’m going bald also and I am no where near power lines…:wink: And unless it’s on the internet it is probably fake…because we know everything posted on the internet is fact…right. (love that Statefarm commercial)

Also…you ASSUMED it was from the power lines…that would be a Hypothesis…not yet vetted out into a Theory.

hy·poth·e·sis
[hahy-poth-uh-sis, hi-] Show IPA

noun, plural hy·poth·e·ses -seez] Show IPA .
a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.

Hmmmmm
Close to powerlines tick,tick,tick.
Away from powerlines…chirp…chirp

You say going bald and you work around electric a lot eh…hmmmm
You could have been a Movie Star had you chosen another profession Paul.

LOL…well lets just say the Camera does not LOVE this face Bob…I would have gone the way of Lindsey Lohan or Britney Spears I am sure…a train wreck waiting to happen.

lol…ok so I almost want to KICK myself for thinking about posting this link but I will anyway. While you should NOT believe everything you read on the internet and also not nearly everything you read without FACTUAL signed and sealed documentation…their are cases where EMF can cause harm to those hyper sensitive to it.

Here is a place where you can read more on it…keep in mind in the US the jury is STILL out on EMF in terms of power lines and their contribution to the BRAIN FRY effect…but their are other items that expose you to high levels of EMF. The issue is are there any studies of LONG TERM affects. Well again you be the judge.

http://www.lessemf.com/emf-news.html (Beware- The EMF in your computer you are reading this message on will FRY YOUR BRAIN !)

FYI - This is directly from the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences.

Can EMFs be harmful to my health?

During the 1990s, most EMF research focused on extremely low frequency exposures stemming from conventional power sources, such as power lines, electrical substations, or home appliances. While some of these studies showed a possible link between EMF field strength and an increased risk for childhood leukemia, their findings indicated that such an association was weak. Now, in the age of cellular telephones, wireless routers, and portable GPS devices (all known sources of EMF radiation), concerns regarding a possible connection between EMFs and adverse health effects still persists, though current research continues to point to the same weak association.

Additionally, the few studies that have been conducted on adults show no evidence of a link between EMF exposure and adult cancers, such as leukemia, brain cancer, and breast cancer. Nevertheless, NIEHS recommends continued education on practical ways of reducing exposures to EMFs.

What if I live near a power line?

It is important to remember that the strength of a magnetic field decreases dramatically with increasing distance from the source. This means that the strength of the field reaching a house or structure will be significantly weaker than it was at its point of origin, a concept which is illustrated on page 37 of the NIEHS educational booklet, “EMF: Electric and Magnetic Fields Associated with the Use of Electric Power.”. For example, a magnetic field measuring 57.5 milligauss immediately beside a 230 kilovolt transmission line measures just 7.1 milligauss at a distance of 100 feet, and 1.8 milligauss at a distance of 200 feet.

Visit : http://www.niehs.nih.gov/health/topics/agents/emf/index.cfm

NOW…if you readers want to REALLY become an expert on EMF and studies which do show links (weak at best) to childhood leukemia then here is the study for you. Again, I think the issue of EMF from power lines is not nearly going to be the “smoking gun” as we will probably find cell phones to be someday…We are placing these things right against our brains…and for long blocks of time. I would be more worried about that than power lines.

lol…Bob…I am gonna let this one go now. I have done enough damage on it.

As in brain damage from EMF?

touché