Home Gauge

InspectForce is still dormant. “The Group” promising the connections and leads have failed, plain and simple. We invested a lot of money into their idea but it didn’t take off. This group promises another segment of the market, but I’ll believe it when I see it. Meanwhile, We have been talking with a totally different group and they are interested in HomeGauge users mainly because of the report and XML capabilities the HomeGauge report has so will see. This is about 6 months away. They wanted me to start notifying everyone but based on this last group I’m going to wait. I am sorry for the inconvenience of sign up with inspectForce.com but I expect it will provide a source of income for inspectors in the future.

as good or even better…

I look forward to seeing you there!

Russell Buchanan

Russel,
Congrats on the communicator cover.:smiley: was the color by chance or did you pull strings?

Russel, I purchased Home Gauge and love it, so do my clients, my question is why can’t I get the Nachi deal for 6 months? Just because I failed to mention it when I purchased it.

Also, I would like to thank all your staff who do an exseptional job with phone support, espeicially Sean L, he has helped me many times over the phone and is a very good communicator.

PS, I’ll be calling Sean tomorrow about the NACHI deal.

Thank again for everything.

HG tech support is exceptional, and I really like their policy of frequent upgrades addressing issues discovered by users without waiting a year or two for the next major release.

Likely, you will end up rewriting 95% of the boilerplate… but that’s true of any package.

Not only is the rewrite comment true…I wouldn’t have it any other way. I like to report in my “tone”…write the way I talk…and my clients like it that way too. I had one client say to me that as he was reading the report…it was almost as if he could hear my voice.

I think it was by chance but it was nice to see a HG Orange Communicator cover with HomeGauge Pocket HG on it.

Thanks for noticing!

Russell

HomeGauge and our Inspector search was recently recognized and referenced “First” above others from an independent source. Its our branding and excellent inspector database that gets jobs for inspectors !!

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/real-estate/20070311-adviser-home-inspector-a1.asp

We so far have had 400 plus hits from this website looking for HomeGauge inspectors.

Because of the nature of the website, more than likely those are HomeBuyers looking for inspectors!

…The editor was mistaken by claiming that the inspectors qualifications or abilities were listed by rank from Platinum to Gold to Silver etc. but it shows the perception of the ranking and why Platinum guys and Gold gets the most jobs on www.HomeGauge.com

his quote:
Do a little of your own homework before you get started. The Web site HomeGauge.com offers a list of home inspectors by state ranked from “Platinum” to “Gold” to “Bronze” by their qualifications and professional designations. “end quote”

I find Homegauge kinda cluttered and not all that easy to navigate thru. It does have alot to offer but I just dont think its an easy report maker. Maybe once you use it a ton of times it might be easier but I still think its cluttered.

Steve

www.ameritechinspections.com

Which report system do you use Steven that isn’t cluttered?

Thanks

I use PI reports. Its inexpensive and simple to use and makes a nice clean report.

Thats ok Steve as HomeGauge isn’t for everyone. We do have Tours http://www.homegauge.com/inspector/support/tours3.html that can help demonstrate the features. You also can move the panes around and create a basic view rather than the more complex view. If you watch the tours I would bet it would only take about two pounds of reports to learn as opposed to a ton. Thanks for your comment.

Russell

The tours are what sold me on the software…

However, I hardly use the software the way the tour shows it…:wink:

PS
I love the tours…did I mention that?

And as far as clutter…everything appears cluttered until you get used to it…sorta like a 5000 piece puzzle that is still on my dining room table.

Thats a good point Tony. I have a sample copy that nachi had sent me so I will definately take another look at it. I ment no disrespect to Russell about his product. There is alot to offer with the program and I’m gonna take a closer look at the tours and play around with it some more. Thanks for the advice.

Russel,

With regard to the new NACHI version of HomeGauge… or NACHIGauge as you call it. My understanding is that one can charge an extra $50 per inspection when using NACHIGauge. My question is… do you know how much extra this equates to in Canadian dollars? :wink:

Would that be pink dollars or blue dollars?

We also use green ones and red ones and brown ones and purple ones.:wink:

Cool.

I always thought it a better idea to color code money instead of numbering it. Maybe it was from playing Monopoly as a kid…