How old is this Arcoaire furnace?

Does anyone know the age of this Arcoaire furnace? Serial number is H9MPD075F12A1, model number is L013089675.

Thanks Bob

No listing in Prestons…Sorry.

Hey, Bob.

Everything that I can find at the moment seems to indicate that you have the model number and serial number reversed. Can you confirm those? Do you know when the house was built? That will help me since Arcoaire has a long and winding history.

Russel
I may have the serial number and the model number reversed. The house was built in 1892,and the owner thought the furnace was about 8 to 10 years old. I’ve never heard of this brand before.

Thanks for the reply.
Bob

Try this. http://www.arcoaire.com/
when all else fails use Google.

I had already gone to the arcoaire.com site and didn’t find any useful information concerning their model and serial numbers.

However, they do seem to have a long and torturous history, at times seeming to possibly be connected to Keeprite, International Comfort Products, Inter City Gas, Friedrich, ARKLA Industries, Heat Controller, Trane, General Electric, Arco Comfort Products, and Climate Control Products.

Depending on whether or not you have the correct model and serial number, spaces within the numbers could affect determination of the date of manufacturer, as can any preprinted numbers or letters on the manufacturer’s plate.

That’s all I can tell you at the moment until you can confirm the model and serial number and any spaces and preprinted letters and numbers.

Bob,

I believe you have the model and serial numbers reversed. It’s been my good experience to email the company for this information. The last four digits of the serial number appears to indicate a manufacturing date of 1996…I could be wrong.

Joe

He has the model and serial numbers for Arcoaire reversed. If I’m not mistaken, Arcoaire is made by Inter City Products. It looks like it is a 75000 BTU furnace, L01 would be November of 2001.

That’s exactly what I came up with, Blaine, providing that he really does have them reversed. If he doesn’t have them reversed, then I have no clue.

If you go to their website (link posted above) then go to the top of the page there is a link to Safety Recalls which will take you to a recall letter, which in this case is not germaine but in the intro it tells you how to read the Mod # and S/N for this particular brand of HVAC. If I were a betting man the numbers are reversed, accord to this intro.

Billy you are correct but the 2 #'s after 01 is the week IE 30th week of 01

Chip,

I agree with you about the date code. My previous comment about a 1996 date code was based on Bob’s statement the the unit was 8 to 10 years old and the last 4 digits of the serial number had a 96 in it. Some manufacturers use the last 4 digits of the serial number for the date code. However, most use the first 4 digits, as you indicated.

Joe

I’ve been out of the office for a couple of days.Thanks for the information. You guys are a big help.
Bob