How to convert half your garage.

Originally Posted By: rmoore
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Lemme see…I can’t seem to stop breeding, we need another bedroom and we’ve only got one car, and I think I’m handy, and no, I’ve never heard of a permit.

Built this wall myself...
[ Image: wall dividing garage in half ]
It's a beaut ain't it. Got one of them nice lightweight holler doors and I even insulated some of it...moisture barrier which way?

Had to run lectricty to it so I found this box thingy in the ceiling...

[ Image: access hole ]
took a bit of finding too! Firewall? Huh? Ain't that the thing in the Duster behind the enjun? Anyhow...so I hooked up the wires and don't you know they were too short. Had to make anuther connexion here...

[ Image: splice ]

Yep...kinda nifty how the rakes hold it in place. So I've got me and the missus a new bedroom for the kids. Got real smart with the window...

[ Image: window ]

Should keep the little bastards from sneaking out at night. Even got a new place for the ol' washing machine. Damned if I didn't stick a nail right through one of them pipes...

[ Image: pipe repair ]

That JB Weld is great stuff...used up a whole tube. Gotta go...the missus was so happy she's got me rewiring the rest of the house...
[ Image: junkshun box ]

Is it black to white or white to black?

Bubba

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Ahhhh. Thanks to Harry Homeowner we will all be employed for many years to come icon_exclaim.gif

Originally Posted By: Peter Foxe Smothers

That’s Great! nachi_sarcasm.gif I would love to see what the whole room looked like. Got ant more pics?

Originally Posted By: rmoore

No…there was so much crap in the garage, and so much wrong with what I could see, that I kind of gave up on the photos. Suffice to say that the report is less than “glowing”. icon_rolleyes.gif The lower half of this '66 split-entry didn’t have a single outlet that tested right. About half were reversed polarity (including the exterior outlets) and the other half had “no-ground”. Amazingly everthing on the upper floor tested OK. The other “good news” was that Bubba hadn’t been inside the panel (actually zero “violations” in there). He simply made all the new circuit connections wherever he found wiring.

Fun stuff!

This was the roof...
[ Image: wavy roof ]
3/8" delaminating 3-ply with two layers and a lovely ridge.

--
Richard Moore
Rest Assured Inspection Services
Seattle, WA
www.rainspect.com

Originally Posted By: ladams

What made the roof wavy? Just curious I saw a neighbors roof doing the same near me. Was Just curious.

Lind Adams

MDA Group Home Inspections

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Wow! I haven’t seed dips in roofs like that since FRT plywood!! icon_eek.gif