How to Reduce the Number of Phone Calls Your Clients Get

I did the same thing Wayne, only with a higher percent that said no. That was last year before all of this Target, NSA etc stuff hit the fan.

Nope.

If you can’t figure it out I will have to question your ability to get it.

He is very skilled at dancing around truth.

Home inspectors who have been receiving “CASH (or services)” in exchange for private information about their clients may very well owe a lot of money to their state and federal governments. They should inquire with their own attorneys and CPAs and ignore all message board and private email assurances to the contrary until they have real facts.

Great information at that link - Thanks.

I think the way you have gamed the system by insulating yourself from the home inspector’s client makes it fairly difficult for anyone to figure much of anything, let alone who exactly to complain to… :roll:

I’ll say it.

Home inspectors who sell this kid private information about their clients in exchange for “CASH (or services)” for their own financial benefit … who sneak clauses into their inspection agreements that allow telemarketers to bypass “Do Not Call” lists … and who conceal their contractual arrangements for “compensation” and this kids identity from their clients by disguising him as a “TPSP” … deserve to be slammed, IMO.

At a minimum, they should ignore his demand for confidentiality and reveal to their clients the same contact information for him as they are providing him about them.

It’s sleazy and, as these surveys show, reflects very poorly upon the businesses that are participating in these scams.

This message board, according to Nick, is provided as the means for members to address these scams. Let’s not turn and look the other way while crap like this is going on.

I had several complaints with it.

What is “it” exactly Buck?

Back to Nathan’s question and a response…

If it is the INSPECTOR’S client, then who is anyone in your company to quiz the Inspector’s client with regard to any of this?

And, no, I do not care whether my client purchases the property or not. I tell them this up front, and inform them that I am the only professional involved in the process that does not profit fro the transaction.

So, why should I POSSIBLY care?

And who the hell is a TPSP to ask my client ANYTHING not related to the product they are peddling?

[quote=“nthornberry, post:11, topic:83866”]

What proof are you looking for? Are you calling me a liar?
QUOTE]

Since you haven’t posted any evidence for your claim, yesterday, about me contacting you, and receiving multiple emails from you

It was Dan Harris, who inquired about one of our services in February of 2011. He’s literally opened and read every email from me since with multiple times he could opt out.
Yep as far as I’m concerned you are a liar.

It’s up to the other inspectors to make the decision if they also consider you a liar on their own, about this claim or the 100s of other unsubstantiated claims you made on this and other sites.
I look at it, and would think any other honest inspector would look at it the same way, if you lie about this claim what other claims are also a lie.

I believe Joe is saying he works for his client, not the clients RE agent. I operate the same.

Nice try, Nathan

Many have figured things out.

Inspectors have no vested interest in the outcome of the transaction.

Of course, I suppose that if the home does not sell, then there can be no alarm lead, nor chance of related sale.

Why would an inspector care if the sale goes through or not. Unless the customer calls for additional information after the inspection, our job is done when we leave the job.

There are a lot of reasons for a sale to fall through, more often than not those reasons are not due to the condition of the home.
If the sale doesn’t go through for what ever reason that customer will call the same good and honest inspector to do their next inspection. Then they will refer you to their friends, family and co-workers.

If I was a buyer of anything the last thing I would do is refer or buy anything again from the same person or company if I got a call from a 3rd party asking me how the transaction went, and if that 3rd party person tried to sell me something else.

I just fired my pest control company.
The reason why, I got tired of them calling me every couple of months asking me if I was satisfied with their service.

Realtor Referrals .
Often we don’t have a clue what the buyer knows about homes and construction, or their experiences about safety concerns that may exist in the home.
If you whitewash/downplay construction or safety defects and they feel you are on the realtors side , they Will find another realtor AND inspector.