How to spot methamphetamine homes.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

(September 29, 2004) – Law enforcement officials say that teaching real estate agents to recognize the marks of a methamphetamine lab can help police crack down on the illegal stimulant.

Red flags include the presence of unusual chemicals in the kitchen, including iodine and acetone; strong chemical odors, such as ammonia or the smell of garlic that develops from a byproduct of meth cooking; and red spray from the use of iodine when mixing the ingredients.

Contrary to popular opinion, drug manufacturing does not occur only in low-end properties. It can cost tens of thousands of dollars to clean up a property used as a meth lab, and the stigma often remains with the home.

Source: Associated Press (09/28/04)

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: rwills

How to spot methamphetamine homes.

That's easy! "Home Inspector! Open up!"

![](upload://7HRRl8Akp2iaCUMRpT4kKSaYYPK.gif)

![](upload://6Zo3t4vehWgTdYV4UMmcmRreMEP.jpeg)

--
Bob Wills - MAB Chairman
BW Inspection Services
Warminster, Pa.
http://www.bwinspections.com

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Lets see…We cook with a lot of garlic, and I use Acetone often to clean surfaces before painting. I guess my house smells like a meth lab icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted By: dfrend

Watch rentals, lots of owners will let in the inspector without telling the tenant and there can be some surprises.

Daniel R Frend

www.nachifoundation.org

The Home Inspector Store

www.homeinspectorstore.com

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

In all these years I’ve never seen anything more than a bag of grass on a dresser, or a bong in the closet. icon_biggrin.gif Drug wise, that is.