hydraulic jack

House built in 1900, noticed hydraulic jack in crawlspace holding up floor joist/support beam. Is there any jacks that can be used as permanent support? I recommended evaluation by structural engineer/contractor.

The picture isn’t clear to me, are you sure that is a hydraulic jack? could it be a steel adjustable support post?
In answer to your question, no a jack is NOT recommended for permanent support.

I couldn’t get in there to verify.

Looks like a hydraulic jack, i blew it up and did not see a stop wing (lock nut). The part i thought was the stop actually looks like the jack handle. JMO

Thanks, recommending having evaluated anyway.