I don't think the water will drain properly

It all depends on the temperature of the water.

1 Like

Why do you think that?
It will never enter that weather head…

Maybe he was talking about improper roofing material on a flat roof or the lack of flashing at the mast.

Who knows!

Maybe just the absence of drip loops, but with the masthead cover like it is they are not necessary. However, I do like what looks like baling wire wrapped around the mast…

1 Like

Just based on the absence of the drip loop.

Do you know what the function of a “drip loop” is?

1 Like

Careful… you might offend someone (now that we’re on a Moderated MB).

Mr Jonas,

You and Mr Payson respond to a lot of posts on this forum. With all due respect, it’s not about “offending” people as much as it is about realizing that these types of responses aren’t terribly helpful to a new person who has a lot to learn. A response can to given to me to call out my lack of experience, knocking my already shaky confidence, or can be an opportunity to teach me what I clearly don’t know, based on my question. I know it is not your responsibility to teach me, but as a new inspector, I crave the knowledge that comes from experience that men like you have. If it were just as simple as passing the tests, I’d know it all. But the training doesn’t show a whole lot of “unusual” circumstances, and it takes experience to know sometimes what is OK being different, and what isn’t. It would be so nice to feel that this forum is a safe place to ask questions and learn. I am grateful for those of you who are willing to answer questions, and would love for you to know that how they are worded makes the difference between making me feel like an idiot and knowing that someone went out of their way to help me. Thanks to you, Mr Payson, and many others for sharing your wealth of knowledge. Someday I hope to pay that forward.

4 Likes

Good post, Mr. Perry. :smiley::+1::thinking:

Grow some thicker skin and you’ll make it just fine.

If I can help message me. Good luck.

Thank you Mr. Kage. I appreciate your offer and your feedback.

These types of responses are meant to make you want to do as much research on your own before coming and asking questions. You’d be surprised how much more you learn.

No offense Nathaniel, but life is not a “safe space”. The safe space concept is a recent creation to the detriment of today’s youth. Our generation learned to take a punch and keep moving, so keep at it and learn to roll with the punches.

2 Likes

These types of responses are meant to make you want to do as much research on your own before coming and asking questions. You’d be surprised how much more you learn.

Good point. Short of asking time sensitive questions in the emergency forum, I can see the value in that.

No offense Nathaniel, but life is not a “safe space”. The safe space concept is a recent creation to the detriment of today’s youth. Our generation learned to take a punch and keep moving, so keep at it and learn to roll with the punches.

I’m actually quite a lot older than I look, and am not a proponent of the safe space concept that you are referring to in today’s youth. {ie: that everyplace should be a safe place}. I do, however, wish for some safe harbor in certain areas and important relationships in my life. But I agree, life is not a “safe space” for sure. I had a stroke at birth and am a hemiplegic, so I live out the concept of taking a punch and not letting it stop me. Trust me, wrangling a ladder and going up it with only one working hand is no cake walk. :crazy_face: I appreciate your response Mr Payson, and I wasn’t bringing judgement against you with my comment. I read every single comment on the forum every single day as another way to learn, and I’ve just noticed that some of the responses can be quite cruel. But I’ll get working on that thicker skin that Mr. Kage suggested. :blush:

1 Like

Even though there is not an actual “loop” the fact that the service lines are Fixed in a position that will not allow water to “drip” down the weather head accomplishes the same function.

But like the esteemed Mr. Hays has inferred, given certain “conditions”, water will travel ‘up’ a drip loop and find it’s way into a weatherhead!
Not very common, but possible.