I Want to File a Complaint Against CMI

Personally I think it should speed up as Alberta has gotten the Government to recognize CMI’s and it is time for that to carry on everywhere. As for a qualifications being in business for 3-5 years without serious complaints or no complaints makes one more than qualified to do Home Inspections as long as they keep up with the training.
What should slow down is the membership being too easy to get with InterNachi and that is what Nick is doing by raising the cost to be one.
One thing I wish that would change is more needed in education to advertise as a InterNachi Inspector maybe something can be put into the Code Of Conduct like.
Not permitted to advertise as fully CERTIFIED until x amount of education is logged say 200 hrs along with x amount of Inspections.
Just an update that there are 39 CMI’s in Ontario.

It is currently $1000, how much would you like it to be?

Some of you are using CPI that is not Trade Marked for "Certified Professional Inspector” but is for the following.
AcronymDefinitionCPIConsumer Price IndexCPICharacters Per InchCPIContinuous Process ImprovementCPICalling Party IdentificationCPICost Per Inquire/Inquiry (advertising)CPICommunist Party of India (political party)CPICorruption Perceptions Index (US trade)CPICommunications Power Industries (formerly Varian)CPIComissao Parlamentar de Inquerito (Brazil)CPICrisis Prevention InstituteCPICost Performance IndexCPICenter for Public IntegrityCPICycles Per InstructionCPICommon Programming InterfaceCPIChemical Process IndustriesCPICost Per Impression (advertising)CPICommittee on Public InformationCPICommon Part IndicatorCPICentro de Promoção de Investimentos (Investment Promotion Centre, Mozambique)CPICollateral Protection InsuranceCPIControl Products, Inc. (East Hanover, NJ)CPICode Page Information (File Name Extension)CPICritical Program Information (US DoD)CPICivilian Police InternationalCPIClock Per InstructionCPICounterpart InternationalCPICloud Particle ImagerCPICanada Pork InternationalCPICertified Pilates InstructorCPIContinual Process ImprovementCPICommercial Properties, Inc (Portland, ME)CPIChild Protective InvestigatorCPIChile Pepper Institute (New Mexico State University)CPICommercial Photographers International (Atlanta, GA)CPICombined Paternity IndexCPIConsumer Policy Institute (Yonkers, New York)CPICorrugated Plate Interceptor (oil production & treatment)CPICommunity Philanthropy InitiativeCPICore Price Inflation (measure of inflation)CPICentral Pennsylvania Institute of Science and Technology (Pleasant Gap, Pennsylvania)CPIChurch Publishing IncorporatedCPICritical Performance IndicatorCPICompetition Policy InstituteCPICoherent Processing IntervalCPICrash Position IndicatorCPIChemical Patents IndexCPICost Per Interview (market research)CPICertified Property InspectorCPIComputer-to-PBX InterfaceCPICours Pénale Internationale (French: International Criminal Court)CPICrop Protection Institute (Canada)CPICertified Professional Instructor (National Instruments Corporation)CPIChronic Public InebriateCPICoastal Plains Institute (Florida, USA)CPICleft Palate IsolatedCPIComparable Performance IndicatorsCPICapacity, Philanthropy and Interest (fundraising)CPICounter-Proliferation InitiativeCPIContinuous Product InnovationCPIContinuity Programs, Inc. (Walled Lake, MI)CPIChip Package InteractionCPICouch Potato IndexCPICooperative Preschool InventoryCPICertified Professional InstallerCPIChina Philatelic Information (Chinese stamp authority)CPIComputer-Processed InterpretationCPICar Position Indicator (elevators)CPICross Pointer Indicator (NASA)CPICatalytic Products International, Inc. (Echo Lake, Illinois)CPICommon Physical InterfaceCPIChemical and Petroleum IndustryCPICommon Process IntegrationCPICommand Performance Inspection (US Navy)CPIContractor Preliminary InspectionCPICommunications Processor and InterfaceCPICivilian Personnel InstructionsCPIColectric Partners, Inc.CPIConstruction Pollution IndexCPICertified Plumbing InspectorCPICongo Peace Initiative (South Africa)CPICommence Primary Ignition (Star Wars)CPICathodyne Phase InverterCPIConditional Priority InheritanceCPICivilian Personnel IntegrationCPICenter for Public Initiatives (University of Scranton)CPICost Plus Incentives (contract)CPICross Program IntegrationCPIColibria Philippines, Inc.CPICompany Provided ItemCPIComprehensive Package IntegrationCPICommand Performance IndicatorCPICreative Presentations IncorporatedCPIConcrete Pipe Institute (Vienna, VA)CPIClutch Pressure IndicatorCPICompliance Program ImplementationCPIContractor Performance InspectionCPICustomer Provided ItemsCPICurrent Precipitation Index (rainfall measure)CPIConsolidated Pipeline Inc.CPICustom Patient Instrumentation (orthopaedic industry)CPICorn Products International (various locations)CPIContinental Pole of Inaccessibility (furthest point from the sea)CPICross-Pole Interference (digital communications)CPICisco Product Identification (software)CPICritical Path Initiative (various organizations)CPICertificat Provisoire d’Immatriculation (French: Provisional Certificate of Registration)CPICréation d’un Produit Innovant (French: Creation of an Innovative Product)CPICollege Preparatory, Inc.CPICouncil of Principal Investigators (various organizations)CPICertified Postsecondary Instructor (National Center for Competency Testing)CPICorte Penal Internacional (Spanish: International Criminal Court; Netherlands)CPIClasse Préparatoire Intégrée (French: Integrated Preparatory Class)CPICode de la Propriété Intellectuelle (French: Intellectual Property Code)CPICentre de Perfectionnement Interprofessionnel (French: Interprofessional Development Center; Switzerland)CPICreative Publishing International (Minnesota)CPIChoeur Philharmonique International (French: International Philharmonic Choir)CPIColumbia Pictures Industries (film production)CPIConan Properties International (Beverly Hills, CA)CPICentre de Plongée d’Illkirch (French diving center)

I particularly like the one from India.

As of 2013.01.02 there are 72 CMI’s in Alberta.

The above quote is not correct.
I estimate it at 1 CMI to 42,000 people. :):):):slight_smile:

its 1 to 42000 not whats in the quote.

I tend to agree with you, I also wish to point out the following that has been made manditory by the Alberta Government.
In Alberta you have to pass a test inspection. We that is AlbertaACHI defined that as a peer review proctored by a CMI that has attended a seminar on how to do a proper peer review. The peer review is only done after the student has passed two proctored final exams and completed four documented ride alongs or attend a full day Home Inspection demonstration and submitted four acceptable mock inspection reports.

One of the things that I find [FONT=Wingdings]interesting [/FONT]is when you meet these standards you defend them to the death.

Before completion many people tend to bad mouth the standard.

Funny how that works.

In Kansas and Missouri I am the ONLY 66 yr old CMI

Damn has that helped pull em in

You forgot me!!:smiley:

I’ll be 62 soon. You both have me beat.

Will be 67 soon!!

it’s prolly cause You’re just so darn pretty Dan…just sayin…

I know I am the oldest CMI in Maine, cause there are only 3 of us. ;):mrgreen:

Dan has the strip bar card. He is very famous here.

There are only about 5 CMI’s within 500 miles of KC, and all of us are not doing much business, because RE’s know that we have a better chance of finding defects. The $249 guys with termite and radon are popular here. Attorneys love them also.

Gary, can you fill us in on that statement, so we know what you mean is going on with the Low Ballers?

Thanks

Low-baller HI’s miss defects. Their reports are very basic, and allowed by Kansas law. No appliances, one outlet one switch, one window per room, etc. Buyers scream to attorneys when the buyers move in and find dozens of defects. Then, when attorneys explain the laws to the buyers, the issues never go to court, and the attorneys get their $300 per hour fee to explain the laws. Buyers get shafted.

Here is a complaint against our former director, and founder, of the HI board. Sad what is going on around Kansas. He left just this past week. Now all we have to do is get rid of the appraisers that are on the board.

Well, that sure isn’t a review I would like to have.

Thanks for the insight.

I’ll stand by my insisting they walk with me, and my 3 hours + on sight and 60 page reports. :wink:

Our “founder” is also ASHI, who push for HI laws nationwide with NAR/agent and ASHI member funding. Nuf said.

Buck … You been telling me youse was 59, BUT now the truth comes out

Same here only there is one CMI for every 400 miles approximately.
Low baller’s are at $250.00 no bells and whistles.