Illinois State Chapter News

Keep up the good work Russ we do appreciate your efforts. Some people are just jealous of your achievements.

I would like to know where, how and who is doing this in Florida. I don’t think that any of us down here would approve of such a set up.

The problem I see is that the ‘profits’ are going into Russ’s account before NACHI’s expenses (money paid to the trainer, his expenses, etc) are reimbursed.

It’s not a scam if it is, indeed, a deal he worked out with Bowman…but it is sure a sweet deal that no one else is getting. What’s your secret, Russ? Are you holding the real copy of Bowman’s DD 214?:smiley:

I know people sometimes pass money through their personal accounts but it is unwise to do so and can cause many problems with the IRS. If he is keeping the money and has some deal to do so, somebody better take another look at the monster they created.

When you got a guy that says he “Is NACHI in Illinois” and refers to himself as some sort of “Godfather” it’s time to slam on the brakes to that runaway train.

I have been informed of the specific duties of a “education administrator” for NACHI in Illinois as it applies to dealing with the state and submitting courses. It is clearly a pencil pushing, paper passing, set of duties. It is to be of service, not to be served or to help oneself.

If I were in Illinois I would be happy to take it on for no charge! No profits! No money in my account! No delusions of grandeur! If it got a bit taxing I would enlist some volunteers to help with the work.

I think you could find a member in Illinois who would be willing to volunteer for the job.

And would you believe, the moon is made of Wisconsin Brand Blue Cheese, with a few Fresh Curds thrown in.

Russ,

I suppose the next thing you are going to tell us is that you have usurped the authority of the State Agencies and YOU determine whether or not a course will be submitted or not.

Would you determine this on how much potential profits you can pocket for pencil pushing and paper passing?

Do you rewrite rejected courses with the authors permission or are you ripping them off too?

You guys should knock this off. Bottom line is, and was, that all expenses that NACHI pays for need to be reimbursed prior to claiming profits. This includes printing, shipping, etc.

As to where the profits go, this is between the educator and chapter leaders. For the record, the author and presenter should actually “own” the course. It may or may not be owned by NACHI, and such arrangements are made between the author and HQ. In all cases, the chapter or event host are not technically or legally entitled to credit for the course.

In my case, I would give NACHI the perpetual right to use the course, provided I am the party teaching it. NACHI is, technically, the educator. The chapter may host the event, or not. Educators can put the course forth in Illinois, and have nothing to do directly with NACHI chapters. The state educational admin is not required to physically be at any approved educational event. The presenter simply needs to forward the necessary affadavits to the admin for forwarding to the state for credit and filing. This is the law.

As to a state admin, there is no requirement in the law for that person to reside in Illinois, be an inspector, hold a license, or do business in the state. Several educators perform their own admin, and are out of state companies.

I think Russ tries to do the best job he can. I am not aware of any special deals between him and NACHI, bt that’s not to say that one doesnt exist. I simply do not know. Time to move on…

Joe,

Scroll back a ways and take note that you are one of the *“authorities of NACHI” *Russ claims agreed to his “terms” to be NACHI GOD of Illinois.

According to Russ, the profits go to him for services rendered. That’s a real incentive to get a chapter to fill a room.

“Hey, let pack the room guys, Russ needs a vacation!”

Russel made no deal that I am privy to.

I asked Nick, who also stated that he does not remember making a deal along these lines.

As I can only speak for myself, I can only state what I know, and I know that Russ made no deal that I was a part of, or was made aware of. Why he included my name, I cannot say for sure.

My last post was in response to David’s previous, where he mentioned being Illinois’ educational admin. I stated the rules as I know them.

The larger question is one of how things will be done moving forward. This statement pertains to not only Illinois, but everywhere.

“Everywhere”, as it pertains to the neighboring state of Missouri, will continue to observe that the Chapter president is a volunteer (unpaid) position.

We acknowledge no rights to the property of those invited to our meetings to conduct training.

We charge fees with the intent to cover the expenses of the training and keep none of the money collected for that purpose (and disregard all criticisms to the contrary).

A chapter coordinates the provision of training for its members in the interests of the members. If there is profit to be obtained, it comes through the increased skill levels of the members of that chapter and their enhanced reputations within that community for having obtained the higher skill level.

We are in the business of profiting from performing home inspections…not profiting from coordinating training opportunities at the chapter level.

Just my thoughts…

Jim,

Well said. Thank you.

As previously stated, If you believe any of this, then your gullible enough to believe the moon is really made of Wisconsin Brand Blue Cheese.

The real point of this exercise is to address responses which are constantly being placed on this board, attempting to discredit or otherwise disgrace NACHI or fellow NACHI Members, without having any real knowledge of the facts.

Why are so many Members so intent in believing things must be true, because that’s what Johnny Jones told me? Twist things around to make an assumption of improprieties.

There are many, many members of this organization, who have no ulterior motives or hidden adjendes for attempting to help other members or the NACHI organization, other than feeling , maybe, somehow, their efforts have made a difference or that they may have been of some help to someone.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, however, constantly expressing negative opinions on this message board is counter productive to the ideals of NACHI.

Remember also, just because someone said something, doesn’t necessarily make it the truth.

Do or say something positive for a change.

Don’t be so quick to judge another member.

In doing so, we may even see an increase in the number of users on this message board, rather than the less than 10% who currently choose to participate.

I can’t speak for others, but I am forming my opinion from your post. As you say, just because you said it does not mean it is true, but I do want to believe you.

Do you keep the money that exceeds the “immediate” costs of your training seminars?

Absolutely not Jim

No Members in Illinois get paid for anything. Just a good bunch of guys and ladies working together to make NACHI happen within the State.

Each of the Chapters in Illinois have their own Treasurer’s.

Mr. Dan Leleika is the Treasurer for the Chicagoland Chapter, and Mr. Kenneth Sitzes is the Treasurer for the Illinois State Chapter. Believe me when I say they are each very responsible and attentative of their respective positions.

We are fortunate to have persons such as Mr. Will Decker, who donates a lot of time and effort into the advancement of NACHI, Members and Officers of the Chapters who also put in a considerable amount of time and effort. Both Will and myself travel, at our own expense, across the State, promoting NACHI.

Sorry, but there is nothing going on in Illinois that other dedicated NACHI Members might not use as an example.

The point here was being addressed to those persons who are constantly attacking other members, when they don’t know whats really going on, or choose not to accept the fact that even though there may be disputes or disagreements between members, that does not necessarily give another person a right to attack or make negative statements based soley upon their interpretation of the issues.

[size=2]Accentuate the positive. [/size]

The fatal flaw in what you NOW call an “exercise” is that most of the criticism directed in this thread was based on what YOU said was true of yourself and what YOU said was the deal you had made. Not what somebody else said or based on rumor.

As you may have noticed, your statements were challenged as something “you made up”. Only in you silence did criticism continue.

It is interesting that, not until someone on your list (of people who agreed to your “terms”) said they did not agree to any such “terms”, did you come up with this new take on why you posted such BS.

There is a question often used in a courtroom that would be fitting:

“Were you lying then or are you lying now!”

Both stories are equally unbelievable. If you were hoping to establish some creditability, where you feel some may have been lost, you alleged “exercise” failed on that account.

At the end of the day, all we have of real value in life is our word. The only thing you may have proved as a result of your alleged “exercise” is that you word may very well be worthless.

So it is still only fair to ask what you have been smoking lately.

The is entirely your perpitration Russ. You were asked a couple of questions. Rather than answer them (and of course you are entitled not to), you came back with your own description of the way things work and the deal you claimed to be operating under.

The suggestion that you were attempting to address those persons “constantly attacking other members” is laughable at best.

You may have good reason to believe that certain people are aware of other issues. It would serve you to try to discredit them before they try to address them. I can think of (at least) a handful of people who know exactly what I am referring to.

Without all the facts, nobody has yet “attacked” you on those issues, yet certain unanswered questions still beg to be answered. I’m just not sure how anyone can now be expected to believe anything you say.

Russ,

It would be helpful to me (and possibly others) in understanding this thread if you would be kind enough to elaborate on this statement you made.

Particularly, what services are you being paid for and what are “immediate” expenses?

Thanks.

Now that is the first good thing I have heard you say about Mr. Decker. It is a far cry from what you said about him in phone calls to me. Those statements did nothing to “accentuate the positive”.

In fact some of the statements turned out to be false… I have also noticed subtle innuendos regarding him in various other posts on the board as well (again nothing positive).

All the while I have always heard nothing but good things to say about you form Mr. Decker. Even when he is in disagreement with you, he as found something good to say. He is by no means perfect, but he’s a bigger man than most in that respect.

I sure hope your remarks represent a sincere respect, rather than yet another attempt at manipulation. Given the history (and some recent events) it is hard to say for sure, from this seat.