Incorrect Installations

Your upside-down lever set is just a red flag to be on the lookout for more jackleg workmanship throughout the home.

2022-06-27_105803

Exactly what I said in my post above.
What a bunch of horseshit!!

1 Like

What if the door opens from the other direction?

And exactly what is the significant deficiency of this handle thing, according to your book?

Who owns this sidewalk? How about the street you have to walk on to open the mailbox? Is it safe to drive to the store on this street? Are the Stop Signs the correct height along the way?

Well, thank you for asking, Grasshopper. I haven’t bothered to read any manufacturer’s commentary on Why the tail of the curved leversets should point down. But I have had a couple of disabled friends over the years who had trouble with incorrectly-installed leversets. Neither of them had full use of their hands, so, from their position in a wheelchair the tail of the lever pointing up prevented their fingers from exiting the lever properly.

Ahhh. So you posted here about left hand and right hand door knobs?
So we are to start including this in our inspections because all non-ADA homes should be changed by the seller? :thinking: Let me ponder on this for a bit Master.

3 Likes

No, GH. It’s for everyone’s benefit, including the seller’s. The seller should have paid more to have it done correctly the first time; or tell the jackleg to come back and make it right.

Love those assumptions…

2 Likes

He’s full of them David.

1 Like

You guys like being trolled.

3 Likes

Don’t even need a lure, just a triple hook. LOL

1 Like

Sour grapes you are, grasshoppers. You will never admit to losing an argument. You will only “mob up”.

And many of the disabled people I have met have difficulty with the leversets when the lever tail points down, as their hands slide OFF the handle end and they can’t grasp onto it to operate the handle!!

3 Likes

Sounds like you’re just reverse-rationalizing, rather than relating to real-world experience. It’s a greater problem if the handle doesn’t let go of their hand.

Well, I had a vertical kitchen faucet that when pulled towards the user the hot water came on; and cold when pushed to the back. :warning: :warning: :smile: :smile:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Yes, that is correct.

There is no such thing as installing a receptacle upside down. They can be installed any way you want. There have been code change proposals for at least the last 10 NEC code cycles to require the ground up and the CMP has rejected every one of them. The installer or designer gets to decide whatever orientation makes them feel all warm and fuzzy.

9 Likes

Anyone ever notice the sign hanging at Lowe’s plumbing aisle illustrates and incorrect S-trap? Always makes me laugh that of all the things they could depict they go for one that’s WRONG!
Screenshot (129)

9 Likes

The jury is still out. There are electrocution safety concerns with installing the grounds up.

The bastards are SELLING S-traps. I saw a bagged one on a jobsite last week.

1 Like