Incorrect Installations

That’s a myth. Don’t you think that if that were really true that the NEC would have a ground up/ground down requirement?

6 Likes

The NEC rejected a change to “grounds up” several years ago without further comment.

Robert, you can’t argue with that self-righteous jerk.

1 Like

I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. Are you saying that I shouldn’t waste my time?

9 Likes

He knows everything, even when he doesn’t.

4 Likes

This is your big chance to be in with the mob, Robert!

And if you disagree, you are a mob whore. It is silly.

3 Likes

They never really have anything to conttibute to my posts. It’s all about ad hominem attacks with the mob. Like Beavis and Butthead impersonating home inspection professionals.

David I asked a simple question why didn’t you answer it?

2 Likes

Not his style.

1 Like

Your question was answered way up in comment #14, Robert. With the ground on the bottom, the ground electrode is the last to be pulled out of the receptacle, preventing electrical shock in case of the accidental pulling of the plug down and out.

That is incorrect. The ground prong is longer than the grounded and ungrounded prongs so regardless of the receptacle orientation the ground prong will always be first make, last break.

5 Likes

Why do you think the ground terminal on the rear of the receptacle is always on the bottom?

Crickets as far as the ears can hear…

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt David. Single pole light switches can be installed upside down. They even tell you when you’ve done it wrong.:joy:

8 Likes

It’s only on the bottom if you install the receptacle ground down. If you install it ground up then it’s on the top not that the location of the EGC screw on the device means anything.

4 Likes

receptacle-terminals-1
receptacle-terminals-2

3 Likes

I appreciate all the “mob whores” contributing their opinions. I was just about to send a mass email to all my previous clients to let them know that I neglected to inform them that all their receptacles were incorrectly installed and that they should take immediate action to correct them…/s.

9 Likes

I know Leviton does not have the experience with receptacles that David does. However, at 8:20 of their instructional video on how to install a receptacle, they address this issue. Just keep in mind that manufactures instructions do not override the David WIlliams Law of installation.

5320-WCP - 15 Amp Without Ears Duplex Receptacle, All Screws Backed Out Contractor Pack in White - Leviton

5 Likes