Infraspection home and building class question

I just got a new ti25 and now looking for training. Infraspection has a home and building class, can anyone tell me the diffrence between this and a level 1 cert. Has anyone ever took the home and building class

I have not taken the Home and building class with infraspection but I did my level lll with them and can honestly say there is no better learning facility than infraspection.

The building class probally does not go indepth the theory of infrared like level l does nor use of the camera

You can be sure that if it is an Infraspection course, it is good.

It is an “application course”.

You may need both to get yourself anywhere.

It’s not one or the other.
I you want to progress to level III you need Lvl I, then II to get to III.
If you want to know how to do Building Analysis you need to know how Lvl I applies to buildings…

Dear Mr. Richards:

Congratulations on the purchase of your new camera!

Since your post pertains to differences between Infraspection courses, I wanted to respond directly so as to avoid confusion.

Infraspection Institute’s Level I Certified Infrared Thermographer® is a five-day course for the application of qualitative thermal imaging for P/PM, Condition Assessment, Condition Monitoring, Quality Assurance, Forensic Investigations, and Building Sciences.

This course covers infrared theory, heat transfer concepts, equipment operation and selection, standards compliance, image analysis and report generation.

Students are trained to identify and document thermal patterns caused by improper design, workmanship or material failure. Specific applications include: electrical distribution systems, mechanical systems, steam systems, refractory systems, underground piping, active thermography, building envelopes and flat roofs.

The same course material is available via our Distance Learning Program in our Level I Thermography course.

Both Level I courses are priced at $1695. Should you opt for the distance learning option, there is an additional fee of $350 to take the Level I exam via secure video link. Infraspection Institute certification does not expire or require you to pay annual fees to maintain its validity.

IR Inspections for Home & Building Inspectors is a 16 hour theory and application course for the use of thermal imaging for residential and commercial properties. Designed specifically for home and building inspectors, students are taught how to locate common deficiencies in building envelopes, insulated roofs and building subsystems.

Course provides in-depth and practical instruction for thermographically detecting hidden problems in electrical systems, HVAC systems, roofs, and building sidewalls. Course also covers the how to successfully market, price and sell infrared inspection services. Course attendance may be applied to training requirements for thermographer certification through Infraspection Institute and the InterNational Association of Certified Home Inspectors.

This course covers infrared theory, heat transfer concepts, equipment operation and selection, standards compliance, image analysis and report generation.

IR Inspections for Home & Building Inspectors is also available via our Distance Learning Program. Both courses are priced at $995; however, InterNACHI members enjoy a discounted price of $500 for the Distance Learning option.

**Both Level I courses and IR Inspections for Home & Building Inspectors cover the same core material, however, IR Inspections for Home & Building Inspectors covers material specific to the home and building inspector. ** All three of the aforementioned courses are approved by InterNACHI for continuing education hours.

Should you elect to begin your training with the IR Inspections for Home & Building Inspectors course, course hours may be applied to a Level I certification in the future should you elect to continue your training with us.

Please give our office a call should you have any question or require further information. We look forward to working with you and supporting your thermographic endeavors.

To Nick, Charley, and Dave:

Thank you for the kind words gentlemen. They are high praise indeed and very much appreciated.

Hi Jim hope all is well with you and family sorry I missed the confrence this year but it was due to Vie’s health planning on next year

Thanks for the info Jim. Is there ever any classes here is Southern California?

At present, open enrollment classes are scheduled exclusively in the Philadelphia, PA area.

If you are looking to avoid travel costs and wish to take your training wherever and whenever it’s convenient for you, I would suggest you check out our Distance Learning Program.

IR Inspections for Home & Building Inspectors covers infrared theory, heat transfer concepts, equipment operation andselection, standards compliance, image analysis and report generation.

Students are trained to identify and document thermal patterns caused by improper design, workmanship or material failure. Self directed learning activities are provided to help student gain practical experience; however, one need not have a camera to successfully complete the course.

Course tuition includes 24 hour access to all online course presentations, Student Reference Manual in electronic format, online quizzes, self-directed field assignments, proof of course completion, and free ground shipping of course materials to continental US.

Course qualifies for 16 hours of continuing education by the InterNational Association of Certified Home Inspectors and meets the training requirements for their Infrared Certified professional designation and logo.

As always, please give us a call should you have any questions or require further assistance.

What’s the chances of us ever getting an IR/INFO Conference somewhere other than Florida or the East Coast, like say Vegas or Denver?

I really enjoyed the IR/INFO conference I was able to attend(much more so than InfraMation) but the location and time of year makes it extremely hard for me to become a regular. My family is in the South so to attend IR/INFO, I either have to stay with my family for a really long holiday visit while waiting for the conference or fly home(West) and then fly back South again a week later for the conference.

I completely understand if you guys feel it’s best or have specific reasons for sticking with the East Coast. I’m just asking out of my own hopes or curiosity if the conference might ever be held somewhere on my side of the Country?

Eric, I know little to nothing about thermal imaging. I hope to take Jim’s class one day even though he is only a half hour from me. What I recommend all of my home inspection students do is take the class first, prior to laying out money for the equipment. Many who do camera first, realize they didn’t buy the right camera after they have been educated in the field.
Good luck with whatever you do, but just know there is no better school than Infraspection and no better guy to teach you than Jim.

New Orleans isn’t exactly on the east coast.

It was just a simply question. I suppose I could have said “on the Eastern side of the Mississippi River” so it wouldn’t have been so confusing.

Brandon its not hard to confuse those Texans that are transplanted from east of the Mississippi:cool:

From Utah (or Minnesota) it may as well be!

Besides, I’m ok with sending them money to rebuild their idiotic planned city, I just don’t ever want to have to go there myself!!:mrgreen:

Jim,

I am not sure about what happens with the Nachi discount, but doesn’t part of the cost of your building course apply towards level I and all of the 17 hours?

Thanks,

I went there for the very first time myself for last year’s conference. It was worth the trip for the dining experience alone. The service was exemplary everywhere we went. I’d travel there just to eat charbroiled oysters again. I swear that is the best tasting thing I have ever eaten!

There’s some things that I’ll simply never understand how people can eat and honestly claim that it tasted good. I can’t even watch people slurp those nasty things down without often being too disgusted to even eat my own food.

Oysters started out being eaten by the poor working class who couldn’t afford much else. However they went from something that poor folks ate out of necessity to being considered a higher class delicacy will always leave me wondering.

Chuck I certainly agree, the food and training was great indeed.

Additionally, I seen people performing bizarre acts on the street you couldn’t pay to see in a air conditioned building…:shock:

You’ll find me in New Orleans again next year at Infraspection, I won’t ever miss an event in that city.—:smiley: