This thread is dedicated exclusively for those students currently enrolled in the InterNACHI online video course titled, "Inspecting Asphalt Shingle Roofs."
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will have a good working knowledge of the inspection of asphalt shingles, including identification of the different types, performance and aging characteristics, common defects, and wind and hail damage.
Special thanks to Kenton Shepard, InterNACHI Director of Green Building and International Development, for the content -- the result of two years of exceptional research, photography and writing on the inspection of the five major steep-slope roof-covering materials.
The Inspecting Asphalt Shingle Roofs online video course includes:
- 21 sections;
- 21 training videos;
- 21 quizzes;
- a 60-question final exam (drawn from a much larger pool);
- 12 Continuing Education credit hours;
- instant grading;
- a downloadable, printable Certificate of Completion; and
- accreditations and state approvals.
The Inspecting Asphalt Shingle Roofs online video course covers the following topics:
- ASPHALT SHINGLE COMPONENTS
- ORGANIC SHINGLES
- TYPES of ASPHALT SHINGLES
- CALCULATING and PACKAGING SHINGLES
- FIELD-CHECKING SHINGLE THICKNESS
- PROBLEMS WITH ASPHALT SHINGLES
- DEFINITION OF DAMAGE
- LONG-TERM SERVICE LIFE
- SOURCES of DAMAGE
- SHINGLE INSTALLATION METHODS
- RE-ROOFING OVER EXISTING SHINGLES
- ASPHALT SHINGLE WEATHERING
- ASPHALT SHINGLE LIFESPAN
- SHINGLE SPLITTING
- THERMAL SPLITTING
- HAIL DAMAGE
- DAMAGE to the GRANULE LAYER
- NON-INTENTIONAL, NON-HAIL DAMAGE
- WIND DAMAGE
- TYPES of SHINGLE DAMAGE
And, in keeping with InterNACHI's commitment to Continuing Education, this course is open and free to all members, and can be taken again and again, without limit.
Students are free to pose questions and comments here and join in the conversation with other students. The thread will be monitored by the course instructor.
Contact: Director of Education, Ben Gromicko email@example.com