Inspection photo need help!

Couple photos i would really appreciate feedback on…

Does anyone have an explication as to why this concrete block foundation has moisture present in the basement? This was not present everywhere, but majority.

To me this looked like some insect damage…looking for confirmation

Seriously?

3 Likes

Because there is water on the outside of the basement.

2 Likes

1 Like

Yea Jeffery seriously. I am new and working to get my license. I was looking for a little explanation as to possible reasons why for the water. Based on your unprofessional and arrogant response and the others that follow yours my confidence in the people that exist in this industry has been drastically reduced. Hopefully your customers aren’t treated with the same disrespect.

2 Likes

Jacob…I had a little more faith in helpfulness and professionalism of the people on this forum, but you have proven me wrong. I’m working to get my license and was looking for some possible explanations for the water. Obviously there is water on the outside of the basement wall. I was hoping to get some possible explanations and see what other people thought. Maybe a response like poor site drainage or under performing gutters or when they built the foundation maybe there is no capillary break. Forums are meant for discussions, not the unprofessional you and a couple others have displayed. I am in at least 4 homes a day with my current job and You all have definitely confirmed the unpleasant experience that many homeowners have expressed concerning their home inspector. The industry doesn’t have a great reputation, clearly.

3 Likes

Larry, thank you too for your unprofessionalism.

Raymond, Larry was just answering your question as to why there is moisture on the inside, and he was correct on his response.
Block foundations are like sponges, and if not properly waterproofed on the exterior, water will come inside the block and find its way to the interior of the basement.
In most cases like yours, the only way to repair properly is from the outside. Any corrections on the inside will only attempt to control the problem.
As far as the other problem, to me, it looks like moisture damage, but I am not there to see it first hand.
Recommend a waterproofing contractor to evaluate and repair as required.

1 Like

Thank you Marcel. That was really helpful. I appreciate the explanation. This is all a learning experience.

Raymond, I hope Marcel’s explanation helped because that is how I meant it.

Keep learning and you’ll be answering questions soon. :smile:

Good inspecting!

2 Likes

You’re much too kind Larry :rofl:

1 Like

also possible termite damage

Raymond, sorry you got all butt hurt, but your question clearly indicated a lack of research on your part and professionals responded. Contrary to what you’ve been taught, there are stupid questions.

I suggest that you read all of Mark Anderson’s (aka John Bubber) posts and videos. Aside from his colorful presentation, there’s no one better to learn from when it comes to the evaluation and remediation of foundation leaks.

2 Likes

Stephen, one person laughed at it, one person said “seriously?”, and the other guy gave the obvious answer of water outside. Clearly I know it’s water outside and there are many different reason as to why the water outside can make it inside. I had my own ideas as to why and was simply looking for some input from other people with way more experience than myself. If you think those responses I received are professional then I guess we have a different opinion on what should be considered professional. Im disgusted with the lack of help here. I never thought my post would be pushed to side and ridiculed and written of as someone who hasn’t done any research. I’m working hard at learning and obtaining my license. I’ve been in home remodeling for many years so I’m not completely new to this. Instead of making assumptions just answer the posts professionally and politely. You are free not to answer if you are going to be unhelpful and rude. My main goal besides helping people that are buying homes is to change the poor reputation this industry has; a reputation set by many (not all) of the folks that are currently certified inspectors.

1 Like

You must be dreaming…Yep!

It may not have been covered with honey and butterflies but I think my post was quite helpful.

1 Like

No shit… it’s borderline “kissing ass”. (No offense Larry)!! :wink:

Raymond,
I was not aware that the HI industry has a poor reputation in general. Like any industry or trade group you have good and bad.
The responses you received indicated you should have done a little research first. No reason to get insulted by the responses you got. We all get kicked in the pants sometime.
You have to admit that Jacobs response was hilarious.:rofl:

What I’d really like to know is WHY the hell is this rookie in homes 4+ times a day??

Unfriggin-Believable!!! :astonished:

1 Like