Inspection Shadowing in Chicago Area

Hello everyone! So glad to be here! I just passed my Home Inspector exam for the state of Illinois. I’m in search of any inspectors in Chicago area that would be willing to allow me to shadow them through an inspection.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Hardikumar, Enjoy!!

1 Like

Hardikumar, contact some CMIs or CPIs within 40 to 50 miles, or closer, to your area and communicate with them. Maybe one, or more, will help you. Some inspectors feel as though they are training their competition by ride-alongs or mentoring or hiring.

Here is the link for CMIs: Find a Certified Master Inspector®

And the link for CPIs: Find Certified Home Inspectors Near You - InterNACHI®

And Mentors: Home Inspector Mentoring - InterNACHI® and InterNACHI® - International Association of Certified Home Inspectors

Also, you may want to take advantage of your Education Team at education@internachi.org for specific questions e.g. 15 Steps to Become a Successful Home Inspector - InterNACHI® and InterNACHI® Master Class for Home Inspectors .

And there is the Helpful How-To Videos - InterNACHI® for many other things. And the InterNACHI online education page: How do I navigate the InterNACHI online education page? | InterNACHI FAQ

2 Likes

Having a concealed gun permit would be an asset. :innocent:

2 Likes

I am going to be doing some field events. You are welcome to join me. I only charge if they are required for getting a license. The only rules I got is that you have to be a member of NACHI and the Illinois Association of Home Inspectors. Please let me know if you want to join me.

1 Like

Its really nice to hear from you.

I would love to join the field event. I am a member of NACHI and I will sign up for the Illinois Association of Home Inspectors.

Let me know the time and date once finalized and i will adjust my schedule accordingly.

Thanks and Regards
Hardik Patel

My cell phone is 630-327-2700. Please text on Thursday. I will know the address by then.

Sure, will do.

Thanks again
Hardik patel