Inspector Warning Sign

I did learn the importance of posting the signs during the inspection. And I did look at the folding sign that is available at the Inspector Outlet. Wondering to see if I could add my own company logo, I came up with the idea to make my own. I first bought the similar folding signs (two-pack) on Amazon. Then I quickly designed and ordered stickers (I have used Carstickers and they are great). STOP stickers came out as I ordered but somehow my logo stickers came in the extra large size!? I checked my order and I did order the size that would fit on the signs. So I could have claimed the refund and redo but why not showing off big ones? I applied a sticker on a plexiglass and attach/detach with Velcro tapes!
As for the cost, for two signs, it ended up just the same as buying the two signs from IO………

1 Like

Man! I’ve never needed anything like that.

4 Likes

I don’t get it but whatever

3 Likes

Just another old gimmick Nick or someone thought up. I think that would backfire in my area, with a lot of negative feedback.

3 Likes

I’ve never understood inspectors begging for clients and then doing everything they can to stay away from them. My company’s brand is being approachable and “user-friendly” at all times. The majority of the Google reviews I get say something positive about their interaction with the inspector. I couldn’t imagine not cultivating that for happy clients and repeat business from buyers and agents.

4 Likes

Great idea. I will be in court due to real estate agents and persons interfering with a home inspection.

So you’re suing yourself?

1 Like

I have some signs like that that read caution. old man using the bathroom,my wife greatly appreciates them…never needed them in 15 years of inspecting…

4 Likes

What was the lesson that taught you the importance of signs?

1 Like

I have one and use it at the crawlspace floor access hole or at the bottom of my ladder. It’s a liability concern. If they climb my ladder or fall into the access hole, at least I can say I tried to warn them. I also will use safety cones, for… yes safety! I wont be putting my logo on it.

3 Likes

Good for you.

I concur with your assessment. I as well use orange safety cones in front of, and behind my truck. As well, I use F plates to park in restricted areas.

stopped opening panel front for that very reason. I even use to get signed waivers when I started as to attendees staying at least 6’ feet away from me and not using my equipment. It is a liability issue and we should be able to control, by reasonable means necessary to protect ourselves from meritless injury claims.

1 Like

Well, if this post would have looked like a social media post, I apologize. But later comments backed up my understanding: caution and liability.
My other profession (I’m new on HI by the way) also requires the waiver signing from clients. That’s where my cautious attitude comes from.
Then, though this is not a home inspection related, I have once seen someone’s grandchild, 2 YEARS OLD, climbed up the ladder to the roof of the garage!! The ladder was left by the grandparents. A 2-y-o
wouldn’t be able to read the sign but the guardian is not supposed to let the toddler wander around either (I’m a parent now).
Also, I’m thinking to set one by my truck or in the front yard while inspecting so neighbors and passersby would see it and wouldn’t call for a suspicious guy wondering around!

Don’t act like a suspicious guy wondering around and you should be fine. I dress professionally and act like I belong, never had a problem.

But the signs don’t hurt and might help you out if some dumbass falls in a hole while following you around.

1 Like

Just get some lettering on your truck. Free advertisement and no mystery about who’s at the house.

4 Likes

I always arrive early and knock on the door. This alerts the seller whom I tell that I will be wandering outside till the agent arrives.

Did have an agent who locked the under porch lattice closed while I was under the porch inspecting! Guess I could have used a sign, but I just called him instead.

Personally if you’re going to post signs I would have some cheap foam board signs printed (that go on a wire frame). Then stick them out by the curb. Oh yea, my truck is already parked there with signs on it. Nevermind!

2 Likes