Inspectors can offer meth and other drug manufacturing tests without a lab...

Yeap David…need the education, before some attorney made jackasses out of folks in a courtroom—:twisted:

I guess we need to look into the educational part of this venture first, sounds like a monkey could use the swab—:lol:

We’ll have an online course on it very soon.

Sorry for being absent, been traveling… Now that I have read all the posts, let me sum up my input.

Training… I am working with a few people and Nick to get a training program available ASAP. I believe there needs to be a basic understanding of the drugs we are dealing with and the production methods used in Meth manufacturing… A basis for what to test, and why this will give the best review of a property.

Confirmational testing… Again, working with a few people to find a cost effective way to confirm the Drug Detective kits positive results. This secondary service should be just that. IF you find a positive result, report it as preliminary, and offer a confirmational report from a lab / secondary source to remove liability from the inspector…

Reports… working on a proper report that inspectors can use to express their findings, with appropriate releases of liability. We are reviewing a property for the presence of drugs, for X fee, a reasonable effort will be put forth to test an appropriate sampling throughout a property. If the client wants absolutes, then they need to seek a EPA certified environmental evaluator and spend $3,000.

I am impressed with conversation within this group. You guys are helping me put together the tools you need to offer this service, responsibly. Truely a professional group, and I look forward to working with all of you for a long time.

Kris

Kris…thanks for listening to some of us that do surely want to use your’s and possibly other similar products but have questions and concerns. The topics and action items you outlined above are great and I commend you. Having a complete program, including training, lab confirmations, report formats, etc will be a huge benefit to you and inspectors alike.

Kris Pauly of Drug Detective Kits donated 6 kits to give away as door prizes at the Toronto convention. Thanks Kris!

www.nachi.org/toronto2008

Thanks to our generous vendors, we now have prizes totaling over $7000!

Sounds Great!

How about donating some to our Chapters so that we can “Get the Word out” to our members?

• We hold our meetings at a Public Restaurant.
  • What if at a Chapter meeting we tested the light switches and or door knobs and the results came back “positive”?:shock:

Do you think that would impress a room full of inspectors and help promote / sell this product and service?