Insurance inspections?

Greetings to all!

I have just passed the NHIE and have to decide whether to go to work for someone or start my own business here in MD. I would like to be self employed but my wife is very concerned that it may be a long time before I have significant income and she doesn’t want our savings to be consumed in the mean time. I am wondering if “Insurance” inspections might provide some additional income while my business gets started.

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting into this? Any certifications or classes needed to do insurance inspections?

Thanks for any advice!

I don’t know any good divorce attorneys. Sorry.

Seriously though, your problem isn’t money. You need to man up, go home and tell your wife not to worry. That you have InterNACHI on your side, Nick is going to help you, and that you are going to work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your plan is to be the best, most successful home inspector in the state… and that she needs to support your decision to get out of the “work all day with nothing to show for it” hell of being a slave for someone else (and making some other man’s wife rich).

Fear is the tool of the devil.

Thank you for the encouragement Nick! Working seven days a week would be great but I’ve got to find the work to make that happen. I am reading your book and I’m sure that will help.

I would still like to know if anyone knows anything about Insurance inspections?

We do, they just typically don’t pay much at all. They pay about as much as if you were working as an employee for an employer… even less.

www.nachi.org/roof is the exception, but those are warranty inspections.