InterNachi Exam Grading

Hi Nick or anyone that may have the answer to this question.

I have been taking the free online InterNachi exam to prepare for the one be given on Thursday in Riverview. Is there a way to “see” or review the quetions you missed while taking the InterNachi online exam. I have been scoring in the high 80s and 90s but I would really like to review what I am missing.

Thanks

Justin Deese

Thanks Nick!

Will the proctored exam be given on any other dates in Southeast Florida? I sent my email to Zoe Fackler but did not get a response.

This is a post from Zoe

Membership in Florida internNACHI requires 2 things. You must take and pass the protored exam and you must be - or become an interNACHI member in good standing.
Nicks post asked you to contact me via e-mail at flnachi@verizon.net and provdie the following information* if you were interested in taking the exam and joining*.
Name
Company Name
Mailing adress
Phone number
NACHI ID number

There’s been alot of questions asked: And allot of inspecors have shown interest.

1. No - it is not open book - there is no book to refernce. Preapration for this exam is the interNACHI pratice exam and on-line inspecotors exam.
  2. The exam is 120 questions and you are allowed 2 1/2 hours to complete it.
  3. You must score 80% or better.
  4. As I receive e-mails from those who are interested in joining / taking the exam - we are setting up sites in those areas where the greatest demand is.
    We are looking at the Miami area for the week of June 17th and Ft Myers the week of June 24th.
  5. You do NOT have to join to retain your interNACHI membership - but you must be or join interNACHI to be a member of Florida interNACHI and must pass the protored exam.
  6. We have no dues.

Thank you Richard.

Keep us posted regarding the Miami location date & time if you can!

We still need confirmation for Fort Myers on the 24th. The hotel has informed me that we are not confirmed yet.

I am unsure why it appears so many are in a hurry to take a offical proctored exam. You have 7 months to comply with licensure from July 1 2010 to March 1 2011. The Offical Florida License application will be released July 1 2010 If you are able to comply with the licensing requirements no need for the Proctored Exam and save $100.00.
468.8324 Grandfather clause.-
(1) A person who performs home inspection services as
defined in this part may qualify for licensure to be licensed by
**the department as a home inspector if the person submits his or **
her application to the department by March 1, 2011, whether **
postmarked or delivered by that date, and if the person:
meets **
the licensure requirements of this part by July 1, 2010.
(a) Is certified as a home inspector by a state or
national association that requires, for such certification,
successful completion of a proctored examination on home
inspection services and completes at least 14 hours of
verifiable education on such services; or
(b) At the time of application, has at least 3 years of
experience as a home inspector and completes at least 14 hours
of verifiable education on home inspection services. To
establish the 3 years of experience, an applicant must submit at
least 120 home inspection reports prepared by the applicant.
(2) The department may investigate the validity of a home
inspection report submitted under paragraph (1)(b) and, if the
applicant submits a false report, may take disciplinary action
against the applicant under s. 468.832(1)(e) or (g).
(3) An applicant may not qualify for licensure under this
section if he or she has had a home inspector license or a
license in any related field revoked at any time or suspended
within the previous 5 years or has been assessed a fine that
exceeds $500 within the previous 5 years. For purposes of this
subsection, a license in a related field includes, but is not
limited to, licensure in real estate, construction, mold-related
services, or building code administration or inspection.
(4) An applicant for licensure under this section must
comply with the criminal history, good moral character, and
insurance requirements of this part.

[FONT=Arial]Part two:[/FONT][FONT=Arial] Rick stated he will be happy to take any calls at his personal line 850.922.6020[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]To: All Interested Parties,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]The Department of Business and Professional Regulation, Home Inspectors’/Mold Related Services Licensing Programs has received your comments/suggestions from the May 5, 2010 rules workshop. We greatly appreciate your assistance as we develop the guidelines and policies for licensing and regulation of these new professions. [/FONT][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]On May 26, 2010, the Governor signed House Bill 713 into law making revisions that will affect the definition of the term “home inspection”, exam requirements, criminal history checks, fees, unlicensed activity, [/FONT][FONT=Arial]and [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Grandfathering in addition to other changes. The licensing staff has [/FONT][FONT=Arial]analyzed[/FONT][FONT=Arial] hundreds of emails in response to the workshop and incorporated relevant changes to the rules. We are now ready to move forward with the approval process. After the department has finalized its approval, the language will be made public as part of the rulemaking process. [/FONT][FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]The department staff continues to be impressed with the amount of concern for the public and offers of assistance in dealing with these new areas of licensure. Your participation has greatly helped shape the rules for the professions and will assist in protecting the health, safety and welfare of the public. [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Again, thank you very much for your participation and support.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Sincerely,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Rick Morrison, Executive Director
[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Department of Business and Professional Regulation
[/FONT][FONT=Arial]1940 N. Monroe Street
[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Tallahassee[/FONT][FONT=Arial], Florida 32399
[/FONT][FONT=Arial]850.922.0336 (office)
[/FONT][FONT=Arial]850.922.2918 (fax)
[/FONT]

I drove over 3 hours last week to take the test .

Personally, I’m in a ‘Hurry’ for several reasons.

First, I want to get the licensing over with.

Second, simple marketing.
I AM a licensed Home Inspector sounds a great deal more credible than, I will be licensed one day.

Lastly, It’s smart to get the license now before the State adds some other requirement.

One thing is for sure, if you wait they are not going to make it easier to get.

Good Luck

Jay, I wish I knew you were in Riverview I’d have liked to meet you and go catch some fish. And I agree with you on the marketing. I spoke with 2 Realtors and they were never told by their current Inspectors about the new law. It is going to be good for those of us that use it to our advantage.

Curtis, good to hear from you. I should of contacted you. I would like to do some fishing.

‘Have fishing pole, will travel’.

With regards to licensing, I can tell you from personal experience the difference having a license makes. It adds credibility.

As an inspector you wouldn’t recommend an unlicensed contractor to repair a client’s home. Why would one recommend an unlicensed home inspector?

I hope all my competitors wait.

Hey Jay,

I took the exam in Riverview also. The morning session. Im not sure if you were there for that one or the afternoon but I wish I would have known. It would have been nice to put a face with a name.

I hope all is well

Justin

Next time maybe name tags would be nice.

Hey Justin, I was scheduled to take the afternoon exam. I showed up way early. Zoe was great. She allowed me to take the exam earlier, with a group of retakes from the early session.

Did you get your issues with Inspector Pro worked out?

I had my inspection computer with me. You could have seen some of Dominics’ program in action. Super user friendly.

Jay,

I think it was my father Arland who was looking into the home inspection software. I currently have enough volume of insurance specific inspections that i currently do not offer New purchase home inspection services. However, that may change in the near future.

In the event I decide to go that route I would love to go on a few ride alongs. Maybe we can meet up then.

Justin

You got it buddy

I don’t think there is going to be anyway that anyone will be getting any lisence as a home inspector from DBPR in Florida prior to July 2011. What makes anyone think that there is anyway that could happen?

I have it on good authority that the application will be available 7-1-10 and licensing will move forward on that date.

However, the same authority informed me that DBPR has let go over 300 people. That normal, no hasel, contrator licensing is taking far longer than it did a few months ago.

So we will see.

"It's the job that's never started that never gets done"