Introducing Inspectacles™, AI-powered inspection glasses. Like having an assistant on every inspection

Inspectacles

1 Like

So what are people who wear glasses suppose to do? If the glasses are the same as your image they would not fit over prescription glasses.

2 Likes

Two options:

You can add prescription lenses to Meta glasses: https://www.meta.com/ai-glasses/prescription/

You can also use contact lenses.

1 Like

They look Intriguing, but it also looks like I should (must)? sign up to use InterNACHI’s BNX reporting software to purchase them.?
I’m very happy with my current software program that I’ve been using and improving over the last 23 years.

Inspectors interested in Inspectacles™ inspection glasses should first sign up to test InterNACHI’s BNX Reporting Software at: BNX Inspection Software. There is currently a waitlist as we continue to improve on the suggestions made by our current beta testers.

2 Likes

Well, our software is what is doing all the amazing stuff. Think of the glasses as the bucket on an excavator. The bucket isn’t actually doing the digging. It’s connected to what is doing the digging.

1 Like

So instead of using a phone to record information into the software, you use the glasses?

Well, I think anyone who’s been paying attention could see that this is eventually where the industry is headed.

It’s just a matter of who perfects the system 1st.

It’s why, as much as I want to dump Spectora, I haven’t, as I’ve been waiting to see who is going to integrate glasses 1st, who follows, and how effective various software platforms will be with glasses.

1 Like

Yeah, I signed up for BNX like 3 or 4 months ago. No word from them yet. Heard the same from another contributor on this forum.

If they’re going to promote BNX tools, maybe make sure HI’s have access to the software, yeah no, @gromicko?

Once I choose another software to switch from which is getting close, I won’t revisit changing to yet a different software for quite some time. Can’t wait much longer for BNX to figure it out.

BTW…I don’t need your glasses anyway. I just scored a pair of Chuck Norris AI glasses :wink: I know, Chuck Norris wouldn’t need the glasses either.

10 Likes

So what can those glasses do that I can’t do with an IPAD? Except maybe eye strain.

2 Likes

The REAL question is… what can Ai glasses do that an experienced inspector can’t do with their own eyes and cognitive abilities??
Ai cannot “reason”, it can only scan for obvious abnormalities in appearance, which IMO, makes it useless for this industry… (except for newbies and losers that don’t have any ‘discovery abilities’ of their own)!

5 Likes

…and DANGEROUS for our industry with newbies (and losers) not qualified or able to decipher AI data or train AI to properly evaluate conditions observed during an inspection!

3 Likes

Some of the tasks that it performs that I would use would be:

  • Can read model and serial numbers, and then look up relative information.
  • Can determine the age of water heaters and other systems and components.
  • Can identify recalled appliances.
  • Can download owners manuals and installation guides.
  • Can record inspections while keeping both hands free.
  • Can be used to reduce liability and enjoy discounts on E&O insurance.

But, it’s a non-starter for me if I have to change to another software program to be able to get a pair.

4 Likes

AI can screw stuff up if its database of information is bad.

There are plenty of Inspectors out there that should not be Inspectors. Possibly even with a screwed up database AI is better than them?

4 Likes

These comments remind of when IR cameras were still new, "better not use them or they’ll ruin the industry!’

Some of you forget that you used to do reports on triplicate paper and never used a smartphone. Yet you still lived when reports went all software-based.

Technology is coming whether you want it to or not.

1 Like

I’m certain other software vendors will be following our lead right quick. Competition is your friend.

1 Like

Talk about comparing Kumquat’s to Banana’s!!

Yeah, moving from triplicate paper to software on your phone was a much bigger change.

I always said if I ever say “because that’s always the way we’ve always done it!” then you could fly out from Minnesota and kick me, and I’d pay for the plane ticket.

So why am I going to stick to my tired and true software on a phone if there is a potential new invention that might improve the process?

I’m not jumping on the bandwagon yet, but I’m not going to stick my head in the sand and pretend tech isn’t changing, and give you a reason to kick me.

1 Like

Here we go again :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

“Within the next 10 years, our phones will no longer be our primary personal device.”

3 Likes