Introducing myself Darryl Braaten

I am a new inspector to the industry but I am also familiar with the inspection business having operated a safety inspection company since 2012 doing primarily work in commercial and industrial premise inspections and my prior career was as a firefightrer. Just want to say hello here is my contact info 403 370 6876 my email is adanachomeinspections@gmail.com and my website is
www.adanachomeinspection.ca
thanks for taking the time to read my post
i service the city of Calgary and surrounding areas

3 Likes

Welcome, Darryl.

4 Likes

Welcome Darryl and don’t hesitate to be active on the forums. I’ve learned more here than most courses that are offered, and by no means discounting the courses. The knowledge of the “seasoned” inspectors here is invaluable.

Good luck and best wishes!

3 Likes

Welcome and I second what Tom said. This forum is great. Best thing I found next to internachi.

3 Likes

Welcome aboard, Darryl. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello Darryl, welcome!
How are you finding the Calgary market for a newcomer? :face_with_monocle:

Its a funny market of late, last year it was booming and listings were gone within a week. This spring it appears people are somewhat tentative in dipping into the market. Listings are down overall, rates still havent crept up too bad with the average home around 540K, but there are other factors such as the overall economy… As goes the oil industry so does the province so we are seeing a bounce back there and some revitalization of the commercial downtown office core that was running at about 30% vacancy rate. I still aww mortgage rte at 1.95% for 5 years, so upwards pressure isnt affecting. of course we have yet so see spring with the crappy weather hanging on. I expect it will get somewhat better as the real buying season gets going so parents can buy, get kids in to the new schools. Hopefully this nastiness in Ukraine doesn’t drag us down either

Welcome aboard, Darryl.

3 Likes