Irrigation systems

Originally Posted By: tallen
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Anyone inspect these systems?

I have put the past behind me,

where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: srowe

, but first time buyers really, really appreciate it. I had a lot of husbands following me around (getting their slacks wet) trying to figure out what zone covered what area.

Originally Posted By: dplummer

I love it when a head doesn’t pop, I tell the customer to clear a little of the sod away & watch his expression when he gets it in the face! Oh sorry, did I say that out loud? Doug

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

I check them for operation, let the buyer know how many zones he/she has, and make sure the pump is in working order.

I don't go nearly as far as Shawn does, but then, my drawing skills are cryptic at best ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) The guys who do the full inspections down here including zone coverage, head coverage, pump flow, voltage tests at solenoids, etc. charge pretty good money.

Originally Posted By: pdacey

I do it as an ancillary service. Adds an extra $25 to the inspection.

I just run the system on manual, check each zone to see if there are any heads that are stuck, look for signs of a leak, note the location of the zones and check to make sure there is back flow prevention installed on the system.

I do not check programmability of the controller, adequacy of coverage, function of the back flow device, code compliance.

I have an attachment for my service agreement that explains all of this if they wish for me to inspect the system.

--
Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

Originally Posted By: dplummer

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/usrimages/more/HP1M0140.JPG,HP1M0141.JPG ]

Hi Guy, Never downloaded photos berfore, hope this works. Doug