Kitchen Sink Drain

Double basin sink in kitchen with dishwasher to the right. It does have trap, but not sure about how they have the dishwasher drain hose attached. Usually, I see the drain drop straight down and not angled back with an elbow.

1 Like

So I’m curious the dishwasher hose is your only concern here?

15 Likes

It looks like a Snappytrap… anyone can be a plumber these days, lol. Double basin sink??

2 Likes

And, water drains uphill, too…lol… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

The plumber was just trying to outdo the electrician.

9 Likes

Good thing there’s a can of Glade under that sink, there’s a lot of bullshit going on there between the plumber and the sparky

3 Likes

Anyone can be an electrician these days too!!

2 Likes

None of that is correct in any fashion. just recommend repairs/replacement by an actual plumber,

3 Likes

:point_up_2:t2: What he said!

1 Like

I never imagined I’d start seeing these flex trap drains in my area, but sure enough! about a year ago, now almost all the flips have 'em. This is from today (also notice the unnecessary teflon tape used to attach the flexible risers):

3 Likes

Same here, just had one this week.

Either way to lazy or no knowledge on how to properly fit a real drain assembly.

Some people have no business plumbing anything.

6 Likes

Uncle Leroy’s Bonified Plumbing and Electrical. Over 50 years experience and never once had to pull a permit. You can do it cheap or do it right but you cannot have both. Call today (but not before noon or after three 1-555-beer).

1 Like

“And at Uncle Leroy’s, we go above and beyond to ensure an issue with our work, won’t affect the rest of your home!”

2 Likes

He must have been the carpenter, right? You don’t normally see screws in the bottom of the base cabinet.

3 Likes

I just think it’s hilarious that they caulked around the bottom. I can almost hear them saying “yeah, this is gonna leak, let’s at least keep it contained, lol.”

3 Likes

[quote=“bcawhern1, post:14, topic:211244”]
Uncle Leroy’s Bonified Plumbing and Electrical. Over 50 years experience…
[/quote

Who needs to plug in anything under the sink anyway :rofl::laughing:

Or peg holes for shelving in a vanity cabinet…

1 Like

Future pig if this is a sink base. Who knows.

Hello William -
First: I’ve noticed that no one has answered your question, but has instead chosen to inspect everything else in your photo. I’ll assume that you’re quite aware of the other stuff.
The DW drain looks goofy because it has no visible high-loop. (Google it). It needs one. And as recommended by most of the DW manufacturers, that loop should be sensibly higher than the DWs drain connection at the sink plumbing or a disposal unit. The DW drain is not a gravity drain - its a pumped drain - so it may appear to be working fine as far as draining the machine - but without the high-loop, whatever goes down the sink (or into a disposal) can find its way back to the DW. It can get cloggy and stinky.
Rock on.

2 Likes

Agreed, or an air gap.

2 Likes