KREIA has accepted me as a member. I'm very proud.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

http://www.nachi.org/kreianick.htm

Nick

Originally Posted By: jjudy

GO man GO we are supporting your efforts.

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

Nick,

Truly good news, hopefully with the inclusion of NACHI in KREIA the playing field has been leveled for all home inspectors and that NACHI will have the opportunity to become a respected contributor in the Kentucky home inspection market.

I believe that alliances forged with statewide home inspection organizations can be mutually beneficial for all and hope that you are encouraged by this success, and will continue to work promoting NACHI in the very best light.

Thank you

Joe Burkeson

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

Welcome to KREIA Nick.

Now if we can just get the other 30 some Kentucky members of NACHI to join in and actively participate in our meetings, training sessions, conferences, and activities furthering the Kentucky Home Inspection Industry.

Joe,

The playing field in Kentucky is already pretty level. Remember NACHI was an unknown in Kentucky way back when the licensing stuff got started a couple of years ago. That is why they were left out.

The tough thing is getting the Kentucky NACHI members to step up to the plate and get active. Most aren't. Some are.

My goal in the licensing law was to get ANY requirements for membership in national associations removed from the law and to remove the restriction on only one member of the licensing board being a member of KREIA.

I partially succeeded, with help from others, on getting the only one KREIA member on the board restriction removed, but failed on getting the national associations taken out.

Ah well, there's always next year.

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

Hi Erby,

Thanks for the clarification, the way I see it, and correct me if I am wrong is... The ideal situation for our profession would be one where the state led HI association wields the major power and the national associations provide support, not where the national organizations dictate to the states how the industry should be managed.

Unfortunately here in Florida that has not been the case up to now, but due to protectionist licensing legislature being pandered by a national association here, there has been a grassroots movement to form a Florida state Home Inspectors association that truly represents the majority of home inspectors.

Good people have been working hard battling special interest groups that would have the state pass legislation that would protect them while excluding the majority of home inspectors currently performing home inspections. We applaud what was accomplished in Kentucky and would welcome any advice, support or insight you might be willing to share.

Thanks again

Joe Burkeson

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

Work as hard as you can to get a strong STATE association of Home Inspectors supported by as many national associations as you can.

I think you got the right feel for it, but it's hell to make it happen. Thanks to some dedicated home inspection professionals (I was going to say inspectors but at least one of the harder workers isn't) over the last 12 years, it does come together somewhat.

I'm just a johnny come lately to some of the dedicated people mentioned above.

Good Luck,

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com