Ladder gutter damage

First judge if the area of the gutter appears to be stable. If stable I make sure I straddle a gutter nail mid way between each leg of the ladder.

Downspout areas are strongest, corners are next. I’m not a big fan of straddling an attachment point. You have to bring a hammer with you sometimes to pound the spike back in which could cause more problems.

Word of caution. The slip of a pin could cause your ladder to shift resulting in an accident. I know all of you have gone up on the roof many times. So had I. It only takes a half a second for something to go wrong and you fall. Be careful. If it is not safe, or looks bad, do not do it.

I have signs on my ladder, do not climb, safety hazard, inspector only. I do get mad when they go on it anyway

I told a guy he could not come on the roof with me, my ladder was for me only. So he put his own ladder up and climbed on up. I still asked him to get down, I take plenty of pictures.

Ha!!! client from Saturday’s home inspection. 2011 permitted roof.

although I don’t condone it, it’s their money.

That roof looks older than 2 years. Great warranty work, huh?

Not supposed to photograph the client, Tom.

Hey Brad…why not. Also

Appraisers office…Need to research further.

I try not to take photos of the client either and most run and hide at the sight of a camera but then you have those who just want to be famous.