Learning Resources?

Originally Posted By: Ed Griffin
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Greetings All,

I am new to the HI world and was wondering if anyone could suggest some good reading material/resources. I don’t plan on working in the field for at least a year, but am trying to make sure I am prepared for when the time comes. I have just finished reading Burgess’ Real Estate Home Inspection and am ready for something that is a little more specific as to what type of discrepencies to look for.

Also, if anyone in the Central Fl area is looking for some free help (grunt) right now, I would appreciate the exposure to the industry.

Thanks

Originally Posted By: alanseigne

Ed,

There are many good books to read. I believe two book that are basic and will give you a good grounding are:

The Complete Book of Home Inspection by Norman Becker,

and

Inspecting a House For the Pros by the Pros by Rex Cauldwell ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

al

Originally Posted By: Mike Parks

Ed

One of your best reads is here. This forum and any others that have anything to do with construction issues.

Take no ones advice as gospel. Remember it is your head on the block.

Good luck.

Mike P.

Originally Posted By: roconnor

I think Mike is right that you have found a good source right here. There are also many topics on education, courses, and good books. Here is just one on favorite reference books.

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?t=1975

I also agree that you need to verify everything for yourself ... ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Robert O'Connor, PE
Eagle Engineering ?
Eagle Eye Inspections ?
NACHI Education Committee

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong