Legislative Affairs

Bill, I agreed with you 100%=D>. You can see this argument about raising money in all aspects of life. I live in a private residential development with a HOA. They have tried to raise money for many purposes from individual home owners and it never work. However, when they raise the HOA association’s fees to cover the cost of an issue on hand everybody pays. Why? Because it benefit everybody. Call it t ever you want but asking for money to give away for any cause it never works. I do not know in what planet Russ live but, time and time again it does not work. I just gave an idea for whatever its worth. How many times Nick offers membership to InterNACHI new comers for $199.00. How many times vendors/sponsors give away thousands of dollars just to participate in InterNACHI activities.

Handouts like Russ said… nobody wants handouts -X are you kidding me…come down from that cloud my friend:-({|=. I do understand you care about the HI profession and you want to make sure that we all have a long lasting career but be realistic.

I also know that you are very passonated and vocal regarding teh HI business and I applaud your dedication and commitment. But, I can tell you that by arguing and judging people that you do not know is not going to get you anywhere. “One for all, All for one” = InterNACHI; We should have InterNACHI to drive the ship and have InterNACHI bring the other FLORIDA association together to fight for the same goals and objectives. Now that all the HI are required to have a licensed to operate a HI business in the state of Florida we all (HI ASSOCIATIONS) need to come together in order for the professions to succeed and be respected by the other trades.

Got to go, to the next HI. It has been a super busy week. Work hard play hard! Oh, by the way Russ, if you ever want to smoke a super nice cigar try the Cuban COHIBA Siglo VI or the COHIBA BEHIKE (Cuban) you will love it. You got to enjoy the cigar with a nice Cognac Louis XIII](Redirect Notice) anything else will be uncivilized………Have a great day!:stuck_out_tongue:

I feel bad for you hard working people. What NACHI needs to do is establiish a polictical action committee (PAC), then you would have national power. This Fl thing is mental masturbation…

John, the next time you are in Volusia County, I’ll treat - Swisher Sweet and Old Milwaukee Best. I’d bring them up to you but the truck probably wouldn’t make it that far. You should be careful drinking that old Napoleon stuff - run a mold screen on it. Shoot, it may even have radon in it. Send the bottle down to me and I’ll test it for you.

You got that right amigo!\:D/ and some folks belive that they can grab the horse by the tail without been kick in their balls. Just got back from a job and finishing up an exciting HI week! I wish you all a marvelous weekend! and remember: “One for all and All for one”. InterNACHI the most powerfull HI association in the world. So lets use our resources for the benefit of all FL HI. No handouts my friends-X. Let the good times rollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll;-)

Bill, swisher sweet are made in Puerto Rico but not my taste. If I see you someday I will share some of my cigars with you and treat you to either a dirty martini (Ketel One) or a shot of Johnnie Walker Gold. How is that for a friend. I used to drink beers but the belly got out of control. Not any more dough. If you like beer try: Dogfish Head 60 or 90 and you will always remember. The best beer in the USA. hands down! Got to go to the liquor store to get it or in a nice high end bar. Cheers!! and keep in touch.:wink:

AMEN

I am going to look for that beer even though I mainly drink vodka.

With a name like that it must be good.

Dogfish Head 60 or 90! Great beer! Love it!

Estrella Damm Duara…Gluten-Free!
And after the inspection I just came back from, I’ll be having quite a few!!

Al, your my kind of friend! The dogfish Head 90 is the best a little bit pricy but for us the movers and shakers it will not matter. Best beer in the USA. Cheers! Maybe we can get Russ to join us…

For The Meeker: I am having this evening martinis with Ketel One! That is dirty martinis. I also love Stoli Elit but just straight! How about Chiroc?? Only but the best. Work hard, Play hard!!

Come to Panama City Beach Mike and it will be my treat!! Best regards!!No Handouts…Just fun!!!

Guys if you could start a thread about drinking, this one is for the future of the industry.

Fl Inspectors Council.pdf (23.4 KB)

OK First of all, lets find out what is going on. I guess Wayne Bertch is the registered person for the council. So in other words the employee owns the council?

When I call Wayne an employee it is NOT derogatory, it is a term used for people who get paid for services rendered.

Are the people listed as VP’s really the VP’s? Did they sign the agreement? Why isn’t our represnetative on there? You took our money, we signed the form to agree to pay Wayne, I would have assumed we have a seat at the table.

Just confused as to what is going on. To be part of a council a lobbyist owns just seems strange to me. But I do not know the inner workings as well as others.

So lets get WHO is on the council FIRST and who is NOT on the council rectified so people know WHO their representative actually is.

We will at the meeting in Orlando.

So we have to wait a month to find out who is actually on the council?

Thanks for posting Russ. This seems very strange to me

Three weeks.

Here is the list some are back-ups(each org was allowed two contacts)
John Shishilla
Ray Biron
Jim Nolan
Mark Cramer
Claude McGavic
Gary Clark
Bob Farr

I can call other members if you like. I do not see how we can have a frank conversation over the phone with as many people who are involved and get straight answers. Even other council members thought(today) that it may be a good idea to restructure the council.

Sorry I can not give you instant answers.

Supposedly there are 10,000 inspectors in Florida

Just over 5,487 at last count! Close!

Nick posted the FLNACHI newsletter for Feb. in this Florida section a couple days ago.
The officers and affiliation are listed there.
http://http://www.nachi.org/forum/f73/florida-international-association-certified-home-inspectors-enewsletter-february-22-2012-a-69471/

edit…sorry I do not think I linked right

The link does not work.
FlNachi only shares with those it likes. They have claimed to represent all of Nachi in Florida for years, but here we are. They did not sign the contract with Wayne and are not on the council.

I saw that newsletter and that in no way represents the current list or views… FL Nachi did not sign the contract. Unfortunately that newsletter is misleading and only the official opinion of the author.