Less Than "Professional" Installation

That’s putting it mildly. . .

. . .and this was just the tip of the iceberg.

P6120025.JPG

P6120024.JPG

P6120023.JPG

They labeled it Jeff, you DEAL KILLER you. :D:D:D

Have you been reading another MB by chance, or is this just a coincidence? :roll:

Must be kowinky-dink Jeff. Unless that was you at the Village People site…:smiley:

How in the world did you get into my barn it was locked and I thought you were in CA.:slight_smile: :slight_smile:
</IMG></IMG>

They forgot “DO NOT OPEN OR BOTHER INSPECTING…ALL A-OKAY” :smiley:

That’s a pretty expensive mousetrap.

That would be legal if:

• They sealed the unused knockouts
  • Used romex connectors instead of AC connectors
  • fastened the j-box instead of letting it float free
    *]fastened the romex near the box
    Pretty goofy, anyhow. I turn gutted panels into j-boxes sometimes in basements, but not too often. Normally when I’m relocating the service, so I just leave the home runs in the existing panel and gut it out. Run a new cables from the new panel to the old panel that’s being used as a jbox.

Well I know there has to be a Zinsco of Federal Pacific somewhere, go ahead, post he pic’s Jeff…:-;;

Actually, it was a very nice, Square D, 200 amp panel (recent upgrade).

Looks like a good use for old discarded Zinsco panels!:mrgreen:

I did this recently on all of my ordinary junction boxes. I couldn’t for the life of me think why it was necessary but did it anyway. Is it to protect roaming fingers?

To contain any potential sparks. Also, because it’s required by the NEC.

Actually Jeff and Ian are correct…sealing the holes protect against Probing hands ( kids who want to play daddy ), Potential sparks like jeff stated and well as to prevent rodents from entering…

Sad thing is…as Jeff stated…you find they did a nice job on the 200A upgrade but then ended up CRAPPING out on the other areas…usually just poor workmanship…if you start a job…finish it properly I always say…or dont start it at all…wish more contractors would take up that concept.