Lesson Learned... always wear pants.

Beautiful

I was being funny in my earlier post. But the lesson here is FIRST AID kit. I did a house in May that the window came down (double hung) and cut me good…no first aid kit in my tool bag…almost left a trail the fugowiees could follow. Cleaned up and moved on, but that night my Brain kicked into over drive and I realized I should have a REAL first aid kit in my tool bag just for this kind of thing. Cheryl had a real nasty one and made me re-think again. SO I am going to buy a couple of big bandages (battle dressings) for the tool bag. If you cut a artery a battle dressing could save a life.

Cheryl hope your feeling better.

Curt

Hello, Cheryl & other AZ friends!

Sorry to hear about that (sorrier to see it!)

Strange . . . even when we were downing KiltLifters (beer) together, I’ve always known you to keep your pants on . . .
:wink: :smiley:
Russ

I do carry a well supplied first aid kit, but I didnt have gauzes large enought o cover the cut, (so maybe it wasnt as well supplied as I thought) The biggest issue was the tape, It wasnt sticky. I guess the heat of the summer ruined the medical tape that was in my kit. I am still picking goo off my leg from the duct tape I used. (I dont want to get Goo Gone in the stiched up area) So, I will be re-thinking and expanding my own first aid kit.

Hey Russ! yes, my pants do stay on, even amongst friends!

I wonder if that stikki wax discussed in another thread would hold a bandage on? Could be an excellent temporary fix.

Battle dressings have ties attached. You can get them on the web or at a good phamacey…no tape required and they are not to hard to tie with one hand if need be.

Curt

Super glue

Here you go…

(Was Army, too.)

I’m surprised no one commented on the fact that she had the best first aid going…duct tape and paper towels. Can’t think of anything else except bailing wire (baylun war). :wink:

Actually, I don’t carry a first aid kit. Next stop Walgreens. Thanks for the heads up.

Hope you get better and have had a tetanus shot in the last 5

Bruce

I’ve actually used that. But…couldn’t help thinking about that strong chemical smell and my bloodstream…hmmm…:shock:

I like duct tape better.

http://search.ebay.com/dermabond_W0QQfnuZ1QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ3QQxpufuZx

Cheryl:
Nasty story with a nice moral. Thanks. Seen quite a few of those metal attic access hatches in older homes in California, and had one slip from my grasp and stick me in the neck. Inspectors are a hardy bunch though, and I’m glad it wasn’t more serious.

Cherly,

OUCH… that looks like it hurt.
Be careful girl. Hope you feel better soon.