LLC

Originally Posted By: aquarles
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hello Mr. Ferry,

I am planning to establish my home inspection business in the state of Maryland. I already have an existing LLC in the state. What I would like to know is it best to establish the home inspection company as a new LLC or could I just make the new company a subsidiary of the existing company.
Actually I know that I can do either but what I would like to know is if one choice is better than the other. Thank you for your help.

Originally Posted By: jferry

aquarles wrote:
Hello Mr. Ferry,

I am planning to establish my home inspection business in the state of Maryland. I already have an existing LLC in the state. What I would like to know is it best to establish the home inspection company as a new LLC or could I just make the new company a subsidiary of the existing company.
Actually I know that I can do either but what I would like to know is if one choice is better than the other. Thank you for your help.

Andre -

I'd have to have a whole lot more information that you probably don't want to disclose on a world-wide message board before I could opine on that.

I don't really understand the fascination with LLCs, either. What's wrong with a Sub S Corporation?

Joe

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

http://www.nachi.org/inc.htm