Look, Building Inspector's took the NACHI Test

Originally Posted By: jtedesco
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

http://www.iccsafe.org/ubb/Forum10/HTML/000915.html

![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif) ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

--
Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant

www.nachi.org/tedescobook.htm

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

What’s your point, Joe?

Why do you ask Blaine?

![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif)

Quote:
I took the express test. 120 questions and 14 minutes later (took a phone call during the test), I are now a certifiable home inspector.

Dwight, CBO, MCP

Indecision is the key to flexability.

--

Well, we know it is an entrance exam, simply designed to test basic knowledge. I would hope that most building contractors would not have a problem passing it.

So, why did you post it?

Originally Posted By: dbush

Most people that visit www.iccsafe.org are experienced and should be able to pass an entrance exam. I don’t understand the point.

Dave

--
Dave Bush
MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Blaine and Dave:

No point needed!

Why do I have to explain to you why I posted the link?

What's the problem with that? I think that NACHI may want to consider a more comprehensive test and bring the level up a few notches.

Entry level .. that scares me a bit, especially when questions asked by some are evidence that they are not familiar with the HI business.

How about a "Master Home Inspector's" Test?

![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--

Originally Posted By: dbush

Joe, that test for a more advanced level has been in the works, has been through the beta test and will probably be released soon. The entrance exam is just that, an entrance exam and we realize that and have no intentions of changing it.

The reason I asked what the point was, is that, when reading something, I like to know specifically what I am looking for. I understand that Building Inspectors took the test, if we go on to the exam stats, there were several people that took the test the same day.

Dave

--
Dave Bush
MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Dave:

I am surprised that you don't ask the others who post foolish nonsense as to why they did and what was their point?

Whew!!

On the exams, That's good! I am finished now!

Look here for a few laughs and keep watch for stolen copyrighted materials on this site recently posted.

http://www.coolopticalillusions.com/ladderupdown.htm

--

Originally Posted By: psmothers

Quote:
I am surprised that you don't ask the others who post foolish nonsense as to why they did and what was their point?

Why post it Joe?? For the same reason that I was sent the link. To share something that I thought was interesting with colleagues and friends. Is there room for something interesting and fun Joe? I think so.

As for Stolen material. Read the site.. it states and i quote

"Do you like the drawings, pictures and photos you found here? Tell your friends! Freak them out! Or email your parents!" and "Some of these optic tricks could be printed off on your laser printer, and handed out to your friends for fun, and so their eyes can pop out of their heads as they try to understand these crazy optical illusion puzzles"

You have my answear.. So again the question is asked of you Joe, whats the point!

--
Foxe Smothers

"Its not a matter of will we rebuilt it is matter of how soon..."

"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Originally Posted By: pdoesburg

Master Home Inspector…sounds like ASHI / CREIA to me.

I agree, I get calls from newbies all the time and they want in for the money, but think GFI mean Good For Income…

psmothers wrote:
Joe is referring to my recent post.

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?t=8093

Quote:

Why post it Joe?? For the same reason that I was sent the link. To share something that I thought was interesting with colleagues and friends. Is there room for something interesting and fun Joe? I think so.

As for Stolen material. Read the site.. it states and i quote

"Do you like the drawings, pictures and photos you found here? Tell your friends! Freak them out! Or email your parents!"

You have my answear.. So again the question is asked of you Joe, whats the point!

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/usrimages/more/ladderupdown.jpg

You actually posted the link onto the NACHI, site so that means that you copied it from the link you posted, that's the point! ![icon_exclaim.gif](upload://kW92MliyHA8ygoXI0UsgtBSn4ZO.gif) ![icon_exclaim.gif](upload://kW92MliyHA8ygoXI0UsgtBSn4ZO.gif)

READ THE BOTTOM OF THE LINK PAGE!

--

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Joe:

Peter posted the link directly to the site.

Credit was given for the posted image.

Image was not taken to generate monies for a commercial purpose.

Posting of the image is a form of advertisement and leads to increased web traffic to their site.

Am I missing something?

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Joe: You missed my Point! The link for the picture is on NACHI’s site in their gallery, I have no problem with the link to the actual site.

Get the Point now Joe! ![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif)

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/usrimages/more/ladderupdown.jpg

--

I wouldn’t think it would matter where the link appeared. Plagiarism is copying without permission or acknowledgement of the author. If I had a site, any site, I would love to have the link posted just about anywhere reputable. I think we are reputable here. As for the picture, it’s been all over the internet a few dozen times.

icon_lol.gif

Look here for all of NACHI's images, some are really funny!!

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/usrimages/

--