Looking for any info on this one

No elevated moisture levels. No mold. Need your guy’s opinions please.

Evening Todd.
This starts outside.
Lot slope.
Window well.

A moisture meter would certainly provide some information to work from.

Is that carpeting or mat on the slab flooring?

Observation: CMU block foundation.
Peeling paint.
Moisture stains.
Suspect: Perimeter drainage, weep tile deficiency.
Recommend a licensed perimeter drainage installation and service contractor assess the perimeter drainage system prior purchase.

Like to offer more by I have limited information in front of me.

It looks like DryLock Masonry coating improperly coated over efflorescence. DryLock will not adhere if you do not clean the masonry with muriatic Acid.

5 Likes

I agree with Scott. Could have been wet when applied also

1 Like

Yep, previous moisture and poor wall prep.

1 Like

has nothing to do with ‘weep tile deficiency’, nothing!

brain deficiency on this subject yes, weep tiles no.

looking inside Royal Oak…

R Oak, outside same area hairline crack n other openings allowed water in, caused discolorment, paint peeling, efflorescence inside

Clinton Township inside…

inside C Twp

outside same area C Twp

outside, root against block wall has now been removed

just around corner

Harper Woods inside

H Woods outside same area

St Clair Shores inside

St C S outside same area

No problems with no drain tiles, zip.

We walked thru, saw it and kept moving. The report said … There were no active moisture leaks noted at the time of our inspection, however there were efflorescence and/or moisture stains at the walls. Due to the conditions observed during the inspection, we recommend further evaluation and/or service by a competent and licensed water proofing contractor.

1 Like

“Yes we put Drylok on…” lol See efflorescence etc? Umm, basement was DRY the day i was there, and? So? sheesh Never means there isn’t an existing exterior crack, defect in the block wall

outside same house, same stupid corner… see the actual problem and where the water was allowed to get in and caused the efflorescence etc inside

drain tile deficiency huh? haha!! that imo is one of most KNOTHEAD claims made in this business, bogus crap

Mr. Anderson, Dan Bowers, a respected CPI, posted a sensible reply that would avoid undue liability for an inspector.
May I recommend, prohibit implying your inconclusive theory to avoid confusion among members?
Kindest regards.
Robert Young

Morning, Scott. Being involved in foundation repairs for >< 15 years, and walked away from block foundations, I never was introduced to DryLock Masonry coating at local foundation supply stores.
Even if I was I would have shrugged my shoulders and mumbled, useless product. Affective foundation moisture remediation starts outside.
How did you come across this product?
Looking forward to your reply.
Robert

Some interesting testing conducted on several masonry/concrete waterproofing system. I found it interesting. Hope you do.
# Wingnut Real-World Testing of Basement Waterproofing

may i suggest that it is YOU who posted and claimed ‘drain tile deficiency’ and may well be CONFUSING some inspectors or homeowners looking for thew truth, tell YOU again the problem is NOT drain tiles

1 Like

When quoting me, please use the entire quote and lose the abundance of images. Only need one (1). A cutaway of a perimeter drainage system and weep tile.

Here’s an animated video of who the perimeter drainage and weep tile system works. The weep tiles are below the footing shelf. When empeded water rises.

“Perimeter drainage, weep tile deficiency.”
2 part system. Perimeter drainage, aggregate and weep tiles.
Have a good day Mr. Anderson.

PS: The weep tiles are below the footing shelf. A deficiency would allow water to back up over the footing and prohibit functional drainage. That is fact not hypothese.

1 Like

WAFI at it again!
IMO, that “reply” wouldn’t do crap for reducing any liability whatsoever. In fact, it may just increase it!!

1 Like

Not everyone wants to build mold-infested walls in their basement. I used Drylock in my basement to make it bright. clean and more inviting so when my friends come over to shoot darts or shoot a game of pool, they are not in a dark dingy basement. :flushed:

3 Likes

Thanks, Scott. Not many cement block basement foundations in or around my neck of the woods. I think I have seen one or two in my carriers. That spans 40 years.

Mark, you can’t argue with a Wingnut Real-Inspector, he

1 Like

So I assume we rely on a failed home inspection company owners word?
And to go further, I never waterproof a basement. Waterproofing a basement from the inside underground. LOL. To me its like painting the underside of roof sheathing to spare the expense of putting on a roof covering, a band aid to a job that should be done right.

I doubt failed but better than a HIGH SCHOOL DROPOUT

How so? I have a solid operational recognised home inspection company? Ranked #1.
Food for thought. :thinking:

PS: No information or input ‘provided AGAIN’ by the The InterNACHI Awards Committee member. LOL, LOL!!!
Too Bad.
So sad for InterNACHI.

1 Like