Lots of newby questions!

I hope I’m posting in the right spot here, sorry if not! I just recently started the course- have finished the roofing portion only as of yet. I’m looking for a career change, I own a kitchen and bathroom remodeling company in Central FL but am completely burnt out as I manage all of the projects, am often on site and clients contact me at all hours of the day on a non stop basis not to mention dealing with subs and such.
I have general construction knowledge and have worked in this type of industry my entire life.
I’m considering just trying to get hired on with an existing company if possible. I have kids and would like my off time to actually be off time! Is this an unrealistic expectation in this industry as well? Also worried as a woman that employment may be a bit harder to secure. Are there many women working in this field? I did do a quick search of home inspection job openings in my area and there seem to be quite few.
Also, what are your recommended must have tools for the job? Want to start adding to what I don’t currently own at the first of the year. Thank you in advance and sorry for the long post

1 Like

Welcome to our forum, Mary!..Enjoy! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Welcome, Mary!!

1 Like

Best of luck Mary you’ll do great with that experience. I’ve had women work for me in the past and they have an exceptional attention to detail gene that we men sometimes lack.

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement! With my fiance and I in the biz together I’m definitely the detail person on the jobs

2 Likes