Master Inspector Mentorship & Proctored Exams for Students

Hello Continuing Education Team,

I hope you are well.

My name is Carl Gibbons and I am a Certified Master Inspector(CMI), InterNachi proctor, InterNachi Instructor, based in Calgary and surrounding areas. I have been a master home inspector for nearly 12 years. With over 40 years trade background, in the construction and manufacturing industries.

I wanted to reach out and introduce an additional service I offer that may be of value to your students as they move through the home inspector training and licensing process.

I provide one-on-one coaching, mentoring, and practical field training for students who have completed, or are close to completing, their home inspection exam and are preparing for the next stage. My service is designed to help bridge the gap between course completion and successfully passing the proctored test inspection, sometimes referred to as the peer review.

This training is focused on practical, real-world support. I work directly with students to help build confidence in the field, improve their inspection approach, better understand expectations during mock inspections and the proctored test inspection, and prepare for the steps that follow, including applying for their licence.

My goal is to give students personalized support as they move from classroom learning into real inspection practice, helping them feel better prepared, more confident, and ready for the licensing process.

If this is something that could benefit your students, I would be happy to discuss it further. It would be great to be added to your list of recommended local mentors or explore how I can support your students as they transition from their studies to their professional careers.

Are you available for a brief call next week to discuss how this could benefit your upcoming graduates?

Kind regards,

Carl Gibbons CMI. CPI. InterNACHI Instructor

How much does the service you offer cost?

1 Like

Is this a zoom call?

2 Likes

Yes I’m open to calls. I post this, but didn’t edit it
This was something I emailed to course providers, but thought it might be good to post on the forum, hopefully letting new inspectors about this service.

But yes I would definitely consider a call, zoom or otherwise​:+1:t3:

You say free?

2 Likes

Hi
No not free

Please, don’t keep us in suspense.

Again…

3 Likes

Hi
It all depends on the trainee, as you go or a package. Or we talk and make a plan.

If there are anyone out there in Alberta, especially Calgary and surrounding areas, that are thinking of becoming or that have started the journey to becoming a home inspector, send me a message or call for a chat.

Thank you guys

Please give those reading this a range of cost for your services.

That way we can know in advance what you offer and for approximately how much.

2 Likes

Hi
With Alberta you need to be licensed, it’s different to other states and provinces.

I posted on here to let trainees now that there is something, someone that does care and wants to offer some sort of help, advice and training program, that will help.
I have found the cost structure is up to the individual, it varies. So the best thing is to contact me for a chat and maybe meet up for a coffee and chat about the process and what I offer.

This program, service, help, is for Alberta only really because have to follow the government guidelines.
I hope this answers your question
Thank you

Any questions or need more information
Just reach out

YES… what exactly does this mean…???

…And who authorized you to insert it in your Profile Title?

2 Likes

No, it doesn’t answer the “How much does your service cost” question.

Why are you afraid to say how much or how you charge for the service you propose?

You said what your service is.

If you "care and want to offer some sort of help”... please say how and what you charge.

1 Like

I thought he say free

1 Like

And likely worth every penny!!

I’m not afraid, but are you looking for some coaching? Do you live in Alberta?

Mmmm why so aggressive

Why is it a bad thing to offer some guidance to new inspectors

Hey guys,

I think I have explained

If there is anyone out there, that is located in Alberta, just contact me for more information

Thank you

Then please share an approximation of what you charge for your service.

1 Like

lol
Chill out guys it doesn’t really matter, because you are not in my area
Have a great day guys

Thank you for all your support

At least you’ve given anyone “in your area” a view of the way you operate in advance of possibly contacting you…buyer beware.

4 Likes