Message from the ED

Originally Posted By: jbowman
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

NACHI EDUCATION ? LEADING THE WAY

4 August 2005

?Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.? Vernon Sanders Law.

In the words of past Executive Director, Nick Gromicko, ?Members of the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI) are the most educated and best trained inspectors in the world.? I personally pledge NACHI?s commitment to keeping it that way. Recently, NACHI has raised the bar towards that end by: Increasing our continuing education requirements from 18 to 24 hours per year; Establishing on-line courses (with several more in the wings); Steadily increasing and strengthening our Chapter education programs; Reinstating our ?Free? NACHI Library; Increasing our convention education hours; and expanding our courses and tests to colleges and universities throughout the U.S.

In February 2005, the position of NACHI Director of Professional Development was established. Mr. Joe Farsetta was afforded and accepted this position. The NACHI Education Committee, Awards Committee, and Major Events Coordinator were strategically placed within the organization chart under the Director of Professional Development. This move was precipatated by the need for coordination and communication amongst the three committees. This reorganization is proving to be a resounding success. The above mentioned programs and accomplishments have all come to fruition since February of 2005. In addition to these, future benefits, programs, and educational offerings are either in place or are being researched. For example, NACHI has been approved in several states as an approved continuing education provider and several states now accept NACHI?s on-line exam as qualification for their state requirement.

NACHI?s commitment to the Home Inspection Industry is second to none. We are leading the way in marketing, education and support of our members which in turn fulfills our duty to the home-buying public.

John Bowman
Executive Director,
The National Association of
Certified Home Inspectors

Originally Posted By: jbushart

John,

As your post makes very clear, Joe Farsetta as Director of Professional Development has helped to see that many "good ideas" have come to fruition in this very important area.

I think it is also important to highlight the fact that, since February of 2005, we have a new President, Blaine Wiley, and a new Executive Director, John Bowman, who have quietly and effectively pushed, pulled and prodded this association to its present path of greatness.

We all owe team Bowman-Wiley-Farsetta a tremendous "thanks", along with our support and commitment to help you guys achieve even more.

Any fool can criticize (and around here, many of them do ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif) ) but those truly successful men who know the business, such as yourselves, who take time away from work and families to volunteer your services to do what it takes to make this association successful are what makes NACHI great.

Thank you John, Blaine, and Joe.

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: bkelly2

bump

“I used to be disgusted, Now I try to Be amused”-Elvis Costello

Originally Posted By: lkage

Thanks for the update and thanks to all for the hard work.

eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

“I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn’t learn something from him.”

Galileo Galilei

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

One of the ideas I have been tossing around is to invite one volunteer from each state that required HI CE courses and credits into the Education Committee.

The task of providing ever evolving educational products to our membership is a daunting task. I am no superman. I need help. We all need help. And, there has clearly been a lack of communication in this arena for far too long.

For instance, any qualified individual who wishes to write a course for NACHI's on-line University is free to do so, and so long as the course meets NACHIs criteria, will be compensated for their efforts. Anyone wishing to be a part of this, simply needs to contact me. Core courses are needed, as are ancillary and advanced courses.

we are also working really hard on a robust educational offering for next year's convention. For instance, those who want or need Radon certification can get it over a two day training seminar offered by RTCA, At the conclusion, those wishing a NRSB cert, or Florida cert, will simply take either test, on-site. The State of Florida's reps will be on site to administer the State's licensing exam.

We're scheduling classes on everything from defect recognition, hazards, electrical, chimneys and venting, wood destroying insects, heating systems, HVAC systems, web-based subjects, business, accounting practices, marketing, inspecting historic homes, structures and foundations, and even more to come.

But, we cannot do it alone. Help is always welcome.

Call me for details, or drop me a line.

NACHI Education is on the move...

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."