Metal Jacks holding New house up

This house is a new constrution, piers are on grade due to rockbed underneath according to the builder, normal footing around here would be 10-12" below grade, i couldnt find a rock underneath, I probed with a rod with no sucess. I dont like this because it looks like poor workmanship, one jack is leaning badly and normally I would see cinder block piers in the crawl space, there jacks will rust and will need replacing in the furture. Im not even sure these jacks are rated for this ?? Thanks In Advance
DSCN3571
DSCN3573
DSCN3576
DSCN3585 (2)
DSCN3590
DSCN3594

My, My…and this is new construction… :flushed: It ain’t right…"Run Forrest…Runnnn!!!

4 Likes

There’s a lot going on in that crawlspace.

2 Likes

Not good. Ask for plans that show that install to be correct. Probably won’t get them. But call it out for sure.

3 Likes

Those are considered temporary supports. No way to know for sure about the footing, but the wood must be removed from the footing. No vapor barrier. Mold? Etc Etc.

Where’s the arrows for the leaning tower of Pisa on the left and the sideways 2x4 at the top of the pier on the right? Tsk tsk tsk :wink:.

That crawl is a mess for sure.

1 Like

The crawl that just keeps on giving.

Pipe anyone?

Mortar?

Fasteners?

1 Like

I’m from a quake prone area. This makes my entire body shudder. Unless all this stuff is temporary and they simply forgot to remove it at the end of the job…

I hope your printer can print your report in flashing red ink.

This is not right, and it’s going to take a structural engineering professional to come in, with the authority to make the builder… um… burn it down and start over?

1 Like

Atta boy.:+1::ok_hand::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Mark it up.:flushed::laughing:

FYI Builder informed me the pier footers were resting on top of bedrock