Microwave oven tester defect

Has anyone had two testers burn-up in the same microwave, one after the other… both after less than 10 seconds. No glass of water.

I have been using the first one for a couple months with no issues, the second tester was brand new.

can a bad microwave cause this?

Nope. I have been using my (InterNachi) testers for many years without a single problem. Only time I need to replace them is after I give one away to a client, or one somehow dissapears from my toolbag.

I would call for a service call from a Microwave appliance tech.

(Don’t let the cat get too close)!

Why run it for 10 seconds?

I’ve never burned one out.

Why run it for 10 seconds?

I’ve never burned one out.

Nick and All, Has anyone reported having two microwave testers burn up back-to-back in the same microwave? Sounds like a bad microwave but I’m not sure what defect would burn up testers. 3-4 seconds each time before burn-up. Thoughts?

some mfr & the fda have specific microwave oven test instructions
none include using any nachi beanbag or plastic lighted gizmos
conducting appliance tests by industry recognized instructions may be the best biz model to follow
ymmv

David, are you using a glass of water as recommended? I haven’t had a problem since my original post in 2014.

Larry, I would not hold much merit to that information. The door switch is on the control circuit which does not use high voltage.

Stuff in the red box is low control voltage.
Blue box is door SW.

Thanks, Dave.