Microwave plug

Do you have a problem with this?

It’s likely that the yellow cord cap is not listed for connection to AC cable, MC cable or a metallic flexible raceway.

Should have a junction box there with a wall plate preferably.

Putting a plug (female) on the end of permanent wiring basically turns it into an extension cord which is not to be used for permanent wiring in the home. As stated, should have terminated in a J box with an approved receptacle. So, Yes, I have a problem with it.

I kind of agree with you but it is most likely attached at a junction box rather than plugged in at the unseen end of it.

Since that type of socket end even comes loose when attached to a extension cord.BX or armored cable is double trouble.
1st The attachment cannot be secured properly
2nd It will never be used by electrician in this application.
3rd If it does not have a good tight connection it will not trip the breaker first and is a fire hazard.

I agree with this comment the most.

I think it’s a stretch to call it an extension cord as Doug mentioned, unless of course the end we cannot see has a similar arrangement.

It is not an extension cord. It is either a BX armored cable or a BX protected sheaving.

Judging from the photo I am guessing that it is any one of the three wiring methods (AC cable, MC cable or FMC) that I mentioned. Unless that’s a special cord cap it’s not listed to be terminated as shown in the photo. Normally we would just use a surface Wiremold box and receptacle for this application.

OPPS! I meant sheathing.
A note about it being BX it will not have a ground wire so if it does it might be new AC or MC armored cable.

Some BX runs a ground wire through it.

[Correct] only the original 1960s BX has no ground.

Are you referring to the thin aluminum bonding strip within AC cable?

90 percent of the houses around here are wired in BX. Especially the older ones. Romex has only been widely used within the last 10 years or so.